Wifi is not able to see in my lap top Inspiron 5547 after upgrading to windows 10 - Networking, Internet, Wireless Forum - Networking, Internet, Wireless - Dell Community

Wifi is not able to see in my lap top Inspiron 5547 after upgrading to windows 10

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Wifi is not able to see in my lap top Inspiron 5547 after upgrading to windows 10

This question is not answered

After upgrading to Windows 10 I am facing this issue When I bought this laptop I got Windows 7 OS and I upgraded to 8.1 through windows updates later to windows 10 After that I am unable to connect internet through Wi-Fi.

I am not able to view Wi-Fi Icon bottom of screen as well in Control Panel - Settings - Network & Internet and network adapters also. I gone through with dell forums experts suggested need to install drivers mentioned in dell site I done but no luck.

I uninstalled drivers through Device Manger- Network Adapters - Uninstalled (delete from device). Later I installed manually and restarted laptop I am able to Wi-Fi in my laptop after some time laptop went to sleep mode still the Wi-Fi issue persist what I need to do in this case.

Moreover I did below settings still Wi-Fi issue is there

Control Panel- Hardware and Sound- Power Options- Edit Plan Settings- Power Options- Advanced Settings- Wireless Adapter Settings- Power Savings Mode- I changed to Maximum Power Savings.

Device Manger- Network Adapters - Power Management - Unchecked Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

Please suggest solution of my issue my personal work has been blocked due to this

Thanks,

Satish 

All Replies
  • Hi Satish,

When the system comes back from sleep have you tried turning airplace mode on and then off to see if it resets the adapter (after sleep)? This on/off function sometimes works at least as a workaround. Also have you updated Windows to the latest update?

What wireless card is installed in the system?

Best regards,

Brad 

• Windows 10 networking issue is common as many users are found complaining about the issues in the windows 10 operating system, but this can be solved as after doing the update process some of the network issues with the previous build of Windows 10 Technical Preview got changed and more exactly the option for IPv6 is now checked and this is one of the reasons behind the network issues.

So to fix the issue check the VPN option to do so follow the steps:

Step-1: Right-click on Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the drop-down menu and launch Command Prompt as Admin.

Step-2: Enter the given command and then press Enter

reg delete HKCRCLSID{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f

Step-3: Now enter the given command and press Enter

netcfg -v -u dni_dne

And then restart your laptop and check the Wi-Fi settings. You should now be able to get all visible networks around.

Hope this will help you but if not then follow other steps here in this blog.