Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter Drivers

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter Drivers

This question is not answered

Hi, I believe the drivers for my network adapter could be out of date and I am unable to find anywhere to download the drivers, would anyone be able to direct me to where I can download drivers for the Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter found in my Alienware 18 laptop, it would be greatly appreciated.

Current Driver;

Network Adapter : Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter

Driver Version : 6.30.95.48

Driver Date : 05/03/2013

Thanks, Depo.

All Replies
  • Hi Depo,

Yes, you have the latest driver for the network adapter configured on your system. Normally an update driver is released incase there are some issues with the drivers.

Thanks and Regards,
    Ravi Chandra BC
    Social Media and Community Professional
    Order Status : http://dell.to/1fgKSTr
    Download Drivers : http://dell.to/1hcxG98

• Hi,

I have the Alienware 18 with the Broadcom 802.11ac wifi card in it and I have a big issue.

I'm experiencing microstutter in online games (specifically Battlefield 3 and 4) - in reading forums people said that if you FPS is good then the issue is likely the wifi card or overheating video or CPU. 

I tested all theories and finally realized that my internal Broadcom 802.11ac is the culprit - I tested by disabling the internal card and used an external USB wifi card.  The problem was completely eliminated by using an alternate card.

I'm assuming I have to put a warranty call in to have the Broadcom 802.11ac unit swapped out for a new one - must be a lemon.

Thoughts?

• I am having the same problem with the broadcom 802.11ac adapter in my alienware x51 

• Update: I found a solution to the problem. I uninstalled the Dell drivers and while I was updating to Windows 8.1 (using a separate USB wireless adapter I had purchased) it seems that Windows 8.1 found and installed working drivers for broadcom 802.11ac adapter that came with my alienware. I have since returned the USB adapter I bought and running a ping test through the broadcom shows none of the ridiculously high packet loss or jitter that was occurring using the Dell drivers. I hope this helps.

• Hi Dreycoz,

Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag, Name registered during the system purchase and email address so that I can check what can be done. To send a private message, click on my name and select ’Send private message’.

Thanks and Regards,
    Ravi Chandra BC
    Social Media and Community Professional
    Order Status : http://dell.to/1fgKSTr
    Download Drivers : http://dell.to/1hcxG98

• I'm having the same issue with my new Alienware 18 - specifically with Battlefield 3 (that's the only gave I've played on it).  I've read the "ac" protocol is causing some type of conflict with my AT&T U-verse router.  I have an external USB wifi card myself, I'll go grab that and try it out.  Looks like I'm waiting for either AT&T to update my router or send this massive thing back to replace the wireless nic card.  I don't see any new drivers available for the Broadcom 802.11ac wireless card I have to address this issue.  Not a happy camper...

• Add me to the list of people with issues with the Broadcom 802.11ac... I have two identical Alienware 17s, one suffers from constant Wireless Adapter  resets. very aggravating anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes I am discoed and then moments later reconnected.

Additionally, I have seen the major frame stutters, but I just associated that to the WLAN resetting or getting ready to.

I have tried updating Drivers, I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, I have disabled and enabled the device, I have spent at least four hours on the Dell Troubleshooting pages looking for a resolution, so far nothing has resolved the issue.

I'm at the point I'm thinking it is the Broadcom 802.11ac Adapter

The second Alienware 17 has worked without a single issue.

I could use a little help on this one.