windows 7 64 inspiron 3521 wireless driver

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

windows 7 64 inspiron 3521 wireless driver

This question is not answered

hello,

for inspiron 15 3521-8275 bios is flashed to a06, i have tried the latest driver from dell site, version 9.2.0.504, installation is okay, but i can not connect to any access point. 

is there any wireless driver for windows7 64 bit that is actually working?

thanx in advance, dejan

All Replies
  • Hi dejan_pancevo

I would suggest you to uninstall the wireless drivers from device manager – restart your system and reinstall the driver again. Please check how it works and in case you get any error message please make a note of it and let me know. You can also refer to the link mentioned below that might help you:

http://dell.to/RcmkVA 

You can refer the Dell Article 125993 on our Support Site.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards
    Prateek K
    #iworkfordell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site.

• hello,

unfortunately, nothing helps. installation for the driver is okay, but, connecting to some access point is problematic; usually, the error when i try to connect is: "No internet access", i know for sure that everything is okay with wireless router since it works with all the other computers and devices that i have...

so, is it possible that dell actually do not have the working wireless driver for windows 7 64 bit, only for ubuntu?

thanx, dejan

• Hi dejan_pancevo

Thanks for the response.

I would request you to kindly provide me the below mentioned details so that I can help you in a better manner:  

• Let me know if you are able to connect to internet in public place or work?  
    • Have you noticed any error message while you connect to internet? 
    • Are you able to see the other entire network when you click on the wireless icon located on the task bar? 
    • When you get an error message saying no internet access" are you able to see any other network. If yes, have you tried connecting to a different network or not.  
    • Would recommend you to connect an Ethernet cable to the system and let me know if the internet works fine or you are getting the same error? 

Please reply for further assistance. 

Thanks & Regards
    Prateek K
    #iworkfordell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

• I have the same problem. I can connect via network cable to the router. When I try to connect via Wi-Fi the connection is made but still the message "no internet access"

I tryed everything:

- windows firewall was set to off

- the wireless network was set to unsecured just for a test

- the dhcp server on the router was set to give adresses frpm 192.168.0.100 to 199 and if I run an ipconfig /all, I have a different IP on the wireless card - 169.254.46.3

Please give me a hint.

I have tested with the 1703 driver

• Here is the solution

It was a problem configuring the security on the router.

The router was set on WPA/WPA2 - Personal(Recommended) and the encryption to TKIP.

If you have the same problem, please set the encryption to AES and save & restart the router so the changes could take effect.

Now you shouldn't have the "no internet access" message.

• Hi,

Not able to find wireless drivers of DELL inspiron 3521 laptop for windows 7 64bit.....

Some one please help......

• Hi nirav_dhorda,

Insprion 3521 was shipped with one of the following WLAN cards:

Dell Wireless 1703: http://dell.to/14zeRo6

Dell Wireless 1704: http://dell.to/15q7pHN

Please check and install the drivers accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,
    Nikhil D
    #iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

• I had the same issue and tried the following driver. it worked for me :D

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=GMW8T