Inspiron m5030 wireless not working

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Inspiron m5030 wireless not working

This question is not answered

3 days after warranty internal wirless adapter stopped working. I am now using external Belkin adapter. Have completed complete scan at Dell and results are everything is fine no problems. Am I able to download another driver. I am unable to locate my driver in the download option list. OS is win 7 64 bit.  

All Replies
  • Check your Hardware Device Manager to see which wireless adapter you have to choose the right driver to download. Check for trouble with the adapter in the Device Mgr. list.

• I finally located the driver at Dell.com. I uninstalled the wireless driver then reinstalled it. I restarted the computer. I went to drivers list and then into the appropriate driver and this is what is there, This device can not start (Code10).

I was able to employ many of the suggestions within this forum to no positive end.

• AdultDiaperHomeDelivery,

Code 10 is still a driver issue.

Download the drivers for the adapter and save them to the desktop. I usually ask to make a system restore point but since you already tried the uninstall before, not sure if this will work.

Start, control panel, device manager, network, right click on your wireless adapter, left click uninstall. Tell it to remove the drivers and software.

Restart your computer. When to log back in to the unrestricted account, the new hardware wizard will try to install the adapter. Check in the device manager to see if the adapter installed. If not, then install the drivers you saved.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• I was able to do this earlier because I saw your response, the same, on many other queries. I followed many of your recommendations that I happened to come across. I am now less ignorant due to your desire to be helpful. I have done this again and still the same result. I am ignorant of what a code 10 is so if you know what this is referring to your help will continue in my education.

I am happy with the external adapter, however my fear is that I may break it due to the length it protrudes out of the side and the way I use my laptop.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely

Allan Barber

• Allan,

If you under warranty, contact Dell Tech Support.

The article below states it's for XP but is the codes generated and how to fix them. From article Explanation of error codes generated by Device Manager in Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Code 10

If the device has a FailReasonString value in its hardware key, that string is displayed as the error message. The driver or enumerator puts this registry string value there. If there is no FailReasonString in the hardware key, you receive the following error message:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Recommended resolutions

Here are some things that you can try to resolve this problem.

Update the driver

In the device Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard. Follow the instructions to update the driver.

You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or may still have the driver files installed from the last time that you set up the device. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s Web site.

View the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base

For more information about Code 10-related errors , click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

943104 Description of Code 10-related errors that Device Manager generates on Windows XP-based computers

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• I had uninstall and restarted but it wouldn't install bcuz it say I need to be connected to internet to install the drivers. how I supposed to if I having tourble connecting to internet

• Starrr2013

I had uninstall and restarted but it wouldn't install bcuz it say I need to be connected to internet to install the drivers. how I supposed to if I having tourble connecting to internet

How you are posting now if you have no internet connection??????

my Dells:
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7 / Ubuntu 12.04
    Latitude D620 - XP Pro SP3
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7

• Hi Starrr2013,

Please share the exact system model and operating system installed. You may download the drivers on another system which is connected to internet and transfer the drivers to a USB Flash Drive or CD/DVD. Then you may use that USB Flash Drive or CD/DVD to install the drivers on the system with which you are facing the issue.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to install the Wireless Drivers:

• Click on the link: http://dell.to/15qqGcr
    • Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system.
    • You will find the wireless driver under 'Network' tab.
    • Click on the wireless driver depending on the wireless card your system has.
    • Download and save the drivers on desktop. Now transfer the drivers on a USB Flash Drive or CD/DVD.
    • You may now use the USB Flash Drive or CD/DVD to install the drivers.
    • Double click on the driver file and following the onscreen instruction.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards
    Saharsh K
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.