network connection

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

network connection

This question is not answered

hi there got problem with internet connection. pages taking ages to load or sometimes the pages do not  load i phoned up virgin media and they made some adjustments to the setting's on  the router still the same problem exists so i don't know if it is anything to do with my laptop or not .iv'e done full system scan + i cleaned up the registry ect  some times it's ok then there are times where i wait for ages for pages to load 

All Replies
  • Hi,

Welcome to the community

What is your operating system? How do you connect to the router, wireless or wired? What is the status of you connection?

You can try resetting Internet Explorer first, see the steps below ;

1.Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer (if it is running).

2.Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>Advanced Tab>RESET button then Ok.

3. Then retry to connect to the internet.

Post back results, glad to help!

Regards,  

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

• i use windows 7. and i connect to the router wireless but when i plug it into the router it works ok

• Alright, thanks for that information. Can you try updating the wireless card driver? You can go to our website at www.Support.Dell.com go to Drivers and Downloads then enter your service tag. Look under wireless drivers.

Feel free to add me as a friend by clicking my Username above, and send me the service tag if you need further assistance from me, glad to help!

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community