wifi Dell D610 windows 7

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

wifi Dell D610 windows 7

This question is not answered

I installed windows 7, everything is fine except for wireless device. it is not recognized.

How can I install? which driver of wireless device is compatible with win7?

All Replies
  • which wifi card do you have?  are you sure you have one?

my Dells:
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7 / Ubuntu 12.04
    Latitude D620 - XP Pro SP3
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7

• yes  I have installed R151517 - Dell Wireless WLAN card, but it doesn't work. I tried with many others but all are the same. I have to use cable, it is very complicated Please help me

•  ongdoxn,

When you installed Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) did you install the desktop/notebook utility and the chipset drivers first? If not the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order If you cannot find Windows 7 drivers, then try using the Vista (or XP) 32-bit drivers, for Windows 7 32-bit of the Vista (or XP) 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit and install the drivers in the Compatibility mode

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Thanks for reply sir,

I have a DVD , I followed steps as shown.

Actually I am just amateur

I installed on 32 bit, win 7 ultimate

•  ongdoxn,

The desktop/notebook utility and the chipset drivers have the needed drivers for the attached devices for your system. NOT installing them first will cause the rest of the drivers to fail to install. USB Ports, webcams, wireless devices are just a few of these devices.

Do you have everything you need? What do you see in the device manager?

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!