Broadcom 802.11n network adapter (Code 10)

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Broadcom 802.11n network adapter (Code 10)

This question is not answered

I have just had to do a clean reinstall on a Inspiron 1525; comprehensive crash for unknown reason. Altogether a success, but for one driver I have message which says

This device cannot start. (Code 10). I have looked over the forum, and various websites, and am stuck. I cannot get back on to the internet or set up my home network.

Does any one have any ideas as to what I can do

Mike

All Replies
  • Mike,

If I remember correctly, error 10 is the drivers did not install properly.

How to Install Drivers in Microsoft® Windows® on Dell Systems

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

Idea Hint Idea When downloading the drivers, make a folder for each drivers and name it with the device it belongs with to make it easier to install them in the proper order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software
    Chipset or SMBus driver
    Processor Driver (if applicable)
    Video
    Audio (sound)
    Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
    Modem
    Network Card

QuickSet(Laptop only)

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Have the exact same problem, also tried to re-download and re-install driver without siccess. Then downloaded the driver from Broadcom and so afr have not been successful. problem. Called Dell Help and was cited $200 plus by overseas agent to fix driver, needless to say, I did not bite the offer.

Any help is appreciated.

•  muiris,

Did you install the desktop/notebook system utility and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the desktop/notebook system utility and the chispet drivers, then install the rest of the drivers in order and everything should start working.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• I'm surprised this has not been posted but this answer works for me...

Go to the drivers page on the dell website.  Put in your service tag or go to all 1525 files. 

The driver WILL NOT SHOW UP on the Service Tag page, so go to all 1525 files.

The file that you need is Intel_multi-device_A05_R164259 under the Networking category.