XPS M1530 Does Not Recognize Wireless Network Adapter after Maunal Reinstallation of Vista and Dell Drivers

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

XPS M1530 Does Not Recognize Wireless Network Adapter after Maunal Reinstallation of Vista and Dell Drivers

This question is answered

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem I've been having with my laptop. Following the directions of a Dell technician while trying to resolve a separate problem, I deleted the partitions on my hard drive and manually reinstalled both Vista and all the drivers that were on the Dell CD that came with my laptop. When I tried connecting to the internet, Vista said I did not have any wireless networking hardware, but before the reinstallation it worked just fine. I am able to connect to the internet using a wired connection, but my wireless adapter still isn't working. I use Windows Vista 32-bit SP1, if that helps anyone.

Verified Answer
  • Do you know which wireless adapter you have installed in your laptop?

Looking at the drivers and download page for your system there are a couple different adapter drivers listed. And it is not entirely out of the question that the adapter in your sytem is not on your CD. I have run across this before. This could be a reason.

To find out which adapter you have if you are not 100%v positive you can go HERE enter your service tag and get a listing of the hardware that was shipped with your system. This list can be somewhat cryptic so if you are not sure how to read it you can come back and post it and we can help decypher it. Just make sure that if you do post it you do not post your service tag number or order number and such as that is a violation of the rules of this forum

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

All Replies
  • Do you know which wireless adapter you have installed in your laptop?

Looking at the drivers and download page for your system there are a couple different adapter drivers listed. And it is not entirely out of the question that the adapter in your sytem is not on your CD. I have run across this before. This could be a reason.

To find out which adapter you have if you are not 100%v positive you can go HERE enter your service tag and get a listing of the hardware that was shipped with your system. This list can be somewhat cryptic so if you are not sure how to read it you can come back and post it and we can help decypher it. Just make sure that if you do post it you do not post your service tag number or order number and such as that is a violation of the rules of this forum

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• You were right. I found the driver on the page, and it solved my problem. Thanks for the help.

• Hi,

I have same problem. I have recently formated my C Drive using the OS CD provided by Dell. I have not touched the D drive which has Factory settings files.

Is there anyway that i can use this D Drive and do Factory Settings back?

can someone please point me which driver (category) i need to install in order to get my Network adapters working. I don't see that under my service tag in dell support site.

Please Help.

Thanks in Advance.

• Hi RamMajeti,

If a clean installation of operating system was done on the computer, the registry path for the factory image would be lost. The new registry would replace the path when a clean install is done.So facory reset would not work after a clean installation.

Kindly let me know the system model so that I can help you with the drivers.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".

• Thanks for your reply Rajesh. I read in forum article saying that if you have factory.wim file under D drive we can still do the factory settings back. Do you have any idea...how to do this? Trying to find answer for this....

My system is Dell XPS 1530.  From my old back up i found the ethernet driver but still is not in good condition. wireless is not worknig. IE is not working properly..... so many issues...

• Hi RamMajeti,

I have provided a link below which has information about Firmware.wim:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&cs=19&docid=559545&doclang=en&l=en&s=dhs

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    Yes".

• Thanks for your help Rajesh.

I have already applied these commands and restarted. The command line log showed that 100% restored successfully. After restarting the system, it comes to one black screen with message "Finalizing your software configuration.." and nothing happens. I waited for couple of hours. No changes to that message. Tried restarting the System again. but same screen comes and hangs there.... :-(

I tried reinstalling the whole OS using DVD. Problem is i am Keep getting "Host Process for  Windows Services has stopped working". And my Wireless device was not detected and need to connect wire to connect to Internet. Getting mad how to fix this issue.....

Let me know how can I fix this issue.

Thanks,

Ram

• Hi Ram,

I recommend running SFC scanner on the computer for "Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working".

Follow below steps to run SFC scanner:

• Open the start menu
    • In the search box, type cmd
    • Right click on cmd and select Run as administrator.
    • In command prompt  type: sfc /scannow.

For wireless issue kindly follow below steps:

Update the wireless card drivers:

Visit the following website: http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/TroubleShooting/ProductSelector

Enter the Service tag of the computer in the box provided and click “Submit”.

In the next page, click drop down arrow to select the Operating System which is installed in the computer.

Under category NETWORK, select the appropriate drivers and click “Download File” and save the file on desktop.

Safe mode:

Check the wireless connection in Safe mode with networking (restart the computer and tapping F8 on dell logo. Select Safemode with networking).
    If the wireless connections are still slow in Safe mode with networking, try updating the update the wireless router's firmware to the latest available.

For more information, I have provided a link below which can fix the issue:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&cs=19&docid=543688&doclang=en&l=en&s=dhs

Below mentioned link would also help you with the settings for wireless internet:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?&docid=DSN_370078&isLegacy=true

Kindly revert and let me know for further clarifications.

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    Yes".