Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card running slow

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card running slow

• My Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card is pulling down relatively slow speeds, topping out at about 2500 kbps when I should be able to get ~6000 kbps. The problem seems to be exclusively with the wireless on my computer since when I am connected directly to the wireless it runs fine and my roommate's computer also runs fine. I have an Inspiron 9400 in an Inspiron E1705 case(refurbished), Windows XP SP2, and a Linksys WRT54GX2. The computer is rather new. Thanks for any help.
  • i think you had a typo, but you meant to say that it runs fine over a wired connection?

Assuming that the signal quality is good and that you've ruled out other factors, try a free program called cablenut (assuming you have XP).  Load the settings appropriate for your internet connection and OS.  It may take a little playing around with to get the best results.  You'll need to reset after any chances.

At anyrate, it worked for me and a bunch of others when wireless internet speeds were drastically lower than they should be (and wired worked fine).

Latitude D430
    Dimension 9150
    Dell 1815dn Printer

• That seems to have done the trick. Thanks! :)
  • nice ...   it's a great little program isn't it?   :D

Latitude D430
    Dimension 9150
    Dell 1815dn Printer