URGENT DRIVER UPDATE - Wireless 1350, 1370, 1390, 1450, 1470, 1490, 1500

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

URGENT DRIVER UPDATE - Wireless 1350, 1370, 1390, 1450, 1470, 1490, 1500

• marchem: I tried that and it still does not work.
  • I'm so stuck!  Any help?   I did enter my service tag and downloaded all the network drivers that was listed that said anything about Wireless 1350 or wireless driver for me to download.

I'm having this problem.  I can not connect using WPA-PSK  but am able to connect by using WEP. 

Here is some information:

Router: D-Link DI-524 hardware RevA and have the latest firmware (according to the D-Link website) and they do not have WPA2 support for this particular model and hardware Rev.  So I am using WPA-PSK (I am guessing it's TPIK since it's an old router).

I am able to connect successfully with my Tos*iba laptop and my Wii to my router so I know the router is working fine with WPA-PSK.

My Dell is a Precision M20 with the Dell Wireless 1350 WLAN Mini-PCI Card Rev 4.5 with chipset BCM4306 / BCM2050 and I'm running on Windows XP.  I can see the network but I can not authenticate and connect to it using WPA-PSK, again I do not have WPA2 on my router.

I have downloaded the latest drivers (from support.dell.com) that had anything to do with the Wireless hardware.  Thus, I have downloaded the following updates, R140745 and R151519.

I ran the update (both) I was able to update the Software and Supplicant version to 4.100.15.8 with the new date of March 14, 2007.

I see this by looking at the Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility version A14 INFORMATION tab.

However, no matter what I try, I am unable to update the Driver version and it remains as 4.100.15.5 with the date of Oct 12, 2006.  I'm not sure if this is the problem.

I'm hoping you can help me out as I don't really want to buy a new router or go back to WEP and would like to connect using WPA-PSK.

Thanks!

• Try using WPA2 instead of WPA, as that usually works, assuming your router supports it.  I'm am attempting to find out why WPA fails to connect, but do not yet have an answer.

You can request replacement reinstallation media for US purchased systems here.
    Dell Drivers & Downloads for all systems.

• I just purchased a Belkin N Wireless router for my laptop and PS3. I have no problems connecting to the router wired/wireless, except when I set up WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, then neither machine will receive any information from the router. I can use it without security, but I would prefer it to prevent other apartment residents from leaching off my connection. I have a Dell Inspirion 1501 with the 1390 wlan minicard.

• aeromaestro,

Did you try the tips located at...

Welcome, PLEASE READ FIRST

Also try...

Dell 1390/1490/1500 WLAN Minicard Connectivity Issue

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Hi Gina,

I recently upgraded my Inspiron 9400 to windows 7 Professional 32

and drivers for the Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN MiniCard is not supported. Any answers or upgrades for this problem?

• Stickman522011,

Sorry, Gina no longer works fro Dell.

Did you try the XP drivers in the XP Compatibility mode?

When you installed Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) did you install the desktop/notebook utility and the chipset drivers first? If not the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order If you cannot find Windows 7 drivers, then try using the Vista (or XP) 32-bit drivers, for Windows 7 32-bit of the Vista (or XP) 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit and install the drivers in the Compatibility mode

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!