Inspiron 15-7579 can't install Active Pen - Windows Mobile Products - Mobile Devices - Dell Community

Inspiron 15-7579 can't install Active Pen

Mobile Devices

Mobile Devices
Mobile devices Hardware and Software discussion

Inspiron 15-7579 can't install Active Pen

This question has been answered by DELL-Robert P

I can't install the driver for the PN556W, it says "a supported tablet was not found on the system". is the inspiron 7579 compatible? or any solution? I tried to install the older versions of the driver but didn't work too 

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Thank you for your message.

This system is compatible to work with an active stylus.

Complete all Windows update, reboot the computer.

Please try to update the driver from this link http://dell.to/2ybmLe1 

Is this stylus purchased with the computer or is it a separate purchase.

For my reference, please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Dell-Sreejith Ramesh
    Social Media Support
    #IWork4Dell
    Dell Support Videos
    Drivers and Downloads
    Driver order

• I am having the same problem as hsurget with my dell active pen and inspiron 15-7579. I have updated, rebooted and used the suggested link and still get the same message, "a supported tablet was not found on the system" I bought the pen separately directly from dell. paid $50+ for this pen sure would like to be able to use it.

• Hi Monicahm,

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately the PN556W Active Stylus Pen is not compatible with your computer.

Here is the list:

Dell Active Pen

The Dell Active Pen PN556W is currently compatible with the following systems.
    •Inspiron (7568) (FHD Only) 'wake up feature not available'
    •Latitude 11 (5175)
    •Latitude 11 (5179)
    •Latitude 7275
    •Latitude 3189
    •Venue 8 Pro (5855)
    •Venue 10 Pro (5056)
    •XPS 12 (9250)
    •XPS 13 (9365)

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln303677/dell-active-pen-pn556w-compatibility-list?lang=en