Latitude 11 5175 screen upside down - Windows Mobile Products - Mobile Devices - Dell Community

Latitude 11 5175 screen upside down

Mobile Devices

Mobile Devices
Mobile devices Hardware and Software discussion

Latitude 11 5175 screen upside down

This question is not answered

When I use my Latitude 11 5175 as a tablet, auto-rotate is making the screen upside down in landscape mode.  It is correct if I turn the tablet vertical.  I can lock the rotation to hold it in its correct view - but something seems to be wrong with either the driver or a setting I can't find.

I did notice that there is not a rotation option/information in the Intel HD Graphics settings app - but there is an option in the general windows display settings.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers but it doesn't seem to help.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

All Replies
  • edit4ever,

Unlock auto rotate

Using a keyboard, press and hold

Ctrl     Alt   (and press the UP Arrow.

This should put the display in the upright position. It should then work normally.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

• Unfortunately CTRL + ALT + arrow key has no effect on the screen at all.  This is when docked to the mobile keyboard.  And there is not an ALT key on the on screen keyboard.  :-(

The weird thing is holding the tablet in portrait mode it is correct - but in landscape it is upside down.

• edit4ever,

Can you right click on the desktop, Graphic options, rotation, rotate to normal

or...

Press on the desktop, Display settings.

My rotation lock is off and landscape mode is selected.

Rick

#DellRockstar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

• Yes - I can manually override by turning on rotation lock and changing the display setting to landscape.  However, once I turn off rotation lock the screen will change to landscape(flipped) and be upside down.  It's as though the sensor is reversed. (although likely just a sensor or display driver issue)

• edit4ever,

Try the screen gesture on page 24 of the Manual?

If that doesn't work, then I would contact Dell Tech Support in your Country.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

• Unless I'm missing it - there is not a reference to a screen gesture on page 45 of the link that you shared.  Can you copy and paste the gesture?

• edit4ever,

Sorry it was page 24(Corrected in the post above)

I did a screenshot of the gesture.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

• That page is for rotating objects on screen - not the actual entire windows screen itself.

When I get back home in a few days I will attempt to reinstall the bios update and see if that sorts it out.  In the meantime, unless someone posts another solution, I will keep using the rotation lock to trick it into staying the right way up.

• Tried reinstalling the bios update - but it didn't help.

Also - I have the issue  with the rotation lock making the brightness change to 40%.  I think I have to roll back one of the drivers to fix that.