Dell Venue 11 keyboard problems - Windows Mobile Products - Mobile Devices - Dell Community

Dell Venue 11 keyboard problems

Mobile Devices

Mobile Devices
Mobile devices Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Venue 11 keyboard problems

This question is not answered

Out of nowhere the snap on keyboard lost all functionality.  I first noticed it when the cursor disappeared.  I saw a video on youtube where I guy with similar problems took off the back of the keyboard and reconnected all the connections and that took care of it so that is what I did.  

This seemed to take care of everything except one strange thing.  If the keyboard battery is connected the cursor is gone.  As soon as I pull the plug the cursor is back.  All other functions work fine either way.  Can anyone give me some help on this one?  thanks

All Replies
  • Hi nate39,

Can you test this keyboard on another system? Can you use the touchscreen keyboard?

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

DELL-Akshatha M
    Social Media Support
    #IWork4Dell
    Dell Support Videos 
    Drivers and Downloads

• After fiddling with the connections and battery for a while it is working now.  Of course, I have no confidence that it will continue to work.  I do have another system to test the keyboard on and yes, the touchscreen keyboard always worked, thanks

• I have the same problem with the thin kb (no battery) since a few weeks... Only ms updates changed afaik... In rare occurrances before, but usually helped by turning bluetooth off and on again... But not this time... Any changes to the bt-stack recently???

• Why ALL THESE PROBLEMS with Dell Units????