UEFI system password reset on Dell Venue 8 tablet - Windows Mobile Products - Mobile Devices - Dell Community

UEFI system password reset on Dell Venue 8 tablet

Mobile Devices

Mobile Devices
Mobile devices Hardware and Software discussion

UEFI system password reset on Dell Venue 8 tablet

This question is not answered

Hello everyone,

I created a 'system password' through the BIOS/UEFI menu for a Venue 8 tablet, and I've forgotten it (still know my Windows 8 login, no worry there). How would the sys password be reset?

All Replies
  • Hi JamesM01,

Request you to contact Dell team for the BIOS password either via DellTechCenter in Facebook or @DellCaresPRO on Twitter and they will be able to provide you a BIOS password once the ownership of the system is confirmed.

Do reach back for any query.

DELL-Akshatha M
    Social Media Support
    #IWork4Dell
    Dell Support Videos 
    Drivers and Downloads

• Hello Akshatha,

Thank you for your response. My tablet is out of warranty, and I'd really like just a brief description of getting it reset, either by opening the tablet cover and flipping motherboard switches, or maybe using a USB drive to boot 'around' it.

But, with the system password set, I cannot even get into UEFI/BIOS anymore like done before with holding down the Win+VolumeDown keys...can you please provide a hint or link to an article on Dell's site here?

Best regards,

James

• Hi JamesM01,

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

DELL-Akshatha M
    Social Media Support
    #IWork4Dell
    Dell Support Videos 
    Drivers and Downloads