Venue 8 Pro: How to Factory Reset forgot Windows Password Please help.

Mobile Devices

Mobile Devices
Mobile devices Hardware and Software discussion

Venue 8 Pro: How to Factory Reset forgot Windows Password Please help.

This question is not answered

Can someone please help me how to do a password reset if I forgot the windows logon password.? I need to factory reset without getting into Windows

Crying

I have checked in the bios and I cant seem to get any option for that in boot option and bios.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

All Replies
  • Managed to figure this out myself.

I basically forced the tablet into startup repair by pressing the start button and once the Dell logo appears I ll press and hold the power button until i get to the logon screen and then I ll switch it off again and the repeat the same process about 8 times until I got startup repair and then option to format/clean drive.

• After spending hours trying to find info on how to do a factory reset, I decided to just call Dell Support and I reset my device. I posted on my blog how to do the factory reset here

But, here is how you factory reset the Venue 8 Pro:

1. If your device is not turned off already, hold the power button for 10s to power it down.

2. Once it's powered down, press the power button to turn it on.

3. When the Dell logo appears (you may have to do it as soon as the screen turns on instead of wait for the logo to appear), hold the power button again to turn it off.

4. Do this process 3-4 times (they said 4, but it was only 3 for me) until you see something at the bottom saying that it's starting automatic system repair.

5. From there, you should see a menu. Choose "Troubleshoot", and the next menu should ask if you want to reset your PC along with some other options.

6. Choose reset PC, and when you get to the two options that ask "just delete files" or "fully reset PC", choose the second option. From there you should be able to follow the instructions to setup your device.

I hope this helps you, because I became a little frustrated myself that there is little to no info on how to do it. 

• If you used your Microsoft account to login you should be able to just reset your password online @ https://login.live.com/ by selecting "Can't access your account".

• danielywright

After spending hours trying to find info on how to do a factory reset, I decided to just call Dell Support and I reset my device. I posted on my blog how to do the factory reset here

But, here is how you factory reset the Venue 8 Pro:

1. If your device is not turned off already, hold the power button for 10s to power it down.

2. Once it's powered down, press the power button to turn it on.

3. When the Dell logo appears (you may have to do it as soon as the screen turns on instead of wait for the logo to appear), hold the power button again to turn it off.

4. Do this process 3-4 times (they said 4, but it was only 3 for me) until you see something at the bottom saying that it's starting automatic system repair.

5. From there, you should see a menu. Choose "Troubleshoot", and the next menu should ask if you want to reset your PC along with some other options.

6. Choose reset PC, and when you get to the two options that ask "just delete files" or "fully reset PC", choose the second option. From there you should be able to follow the instructions to setup your device.

I hope this helps you, because I became a little frustrated myself that there is little to no info on how to do it. 

This hard reset method works perfect!!! Thanks