Problem of rear camera on dell venue 11 pro 5130,64G

Mobile Devices

Mobile Devices
Mobile devices Hardware and Software discussion

Problem of rear camera on dell venue 11 pro 5130,64G

This question is answered

This happens sometimes: the rear camera just can't be launched, everytime I flip the camera to the rear, the screen turns black and nothing happens.

This issue does not appear right after boot, but it only happens after a considerably long period of standby.

When this issue happens, mostly I can return by just clicking the win key below the screen, but sometimes it causes system freezes, where I have to longlonglong press the power key to reboot.

Other apps works perfectly. only this particular windows built in camera app!

Verified Answer
  • This software update was supposed to fix it...take a look! http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/dell-venue-11-pro?driverId=9GCGC&osCode=WB32A&fileId=3338219578&languageCode=en&categoryId=DD
  • It took me several hours with Dell tech support to get back to square one.  They ended up having me go back to my original settings on the Tablet.  There's a name for that, but I'm not techie enough to remember.  I had to back up all my files first, but that wasn't many.  It was kind of like starting over as all of my (few) apps had to be reloaded as did my virus protection and MS Office apps.  The support guy called back the next night to check on my progress and I was back to panorama view and movie mode only.  Ironically, as I was talking to him, the camera started working.  And it continued to work the next day when he called back again.  Sadly, it didn't last and I'm back to panorama and movie only.  Maybe someday Dell or MS will get it fixed all the way.

All Replies
  • This software update was supposed to fix it...take a look! http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/dell-venue-11-pro?driverId=9GCGC&osCode=WB32A&fileId=3338219578&languageCode=en&categoryId=DD
  • Thanks, I'll check if this fixes the problem, and report later!

• This solves the problem, thanks!
  • Glad to hear! Enjoy that great tablet...
  • Have same problem. Camera comes on but only a gray screen. Movie mode works but not still. Downloaded and installed driver. Now all it says is: "To get started, connect a camera." Not happy.
  • I have the same problem. My rear camera for the new venue 11went blank. I updated the software above and now it ask me to connect to a camera. Please help.
  • It took me several hours with Dell tech support to get back to square one.  They ended up having me go back to my original settings on the Tablet.  There's a name for that, but I'm not techie enough to remember.  I had to back up all my files first, but that wasn't many.  It was kind of like starting over as all of my (few) apps had to be reloaded as did my virus protection and MS Office apps.  The support guy called back the next night to check on my progress and I was back to panorama view and movie mode only.  Ironically, as I was talking to him, the camera started working.  And it continued to work the next day when he called back again.  Sadly, it didn't last and I'm back to panorama and movie only.  Maybe someday Dell or MS will get it fixed all the way.

• Doesn't the solution above solve your problem?

It solved mine

• Is there a software/firmware update to fix the problem?  I dont want to factory reset.  It is too much a problem and i dont use this for camera a whole lot.   

• No, after I followed those instructions, I lost the camera completely.  That is what led me to several hours on the phone with Dell Tech Support.  Forgive me for not trying it again.

• My venue 11 locked up. I had to remove the battery to reboot it. After the reboot, windows do some updating. I checked the camera function and it magically works again.
  • My camera continues to come and go.  Last weekend it was out, during the week it worked.  Yesterday it was out and right now I checked and it is working again.  Reliability is a Dell trademark.  Wink

• I am having the same problem. One day the camera is up and running, then next it is just a gray screen. I have updated the Bios as well as looked all over for a driver update. Nothing seems to be out there to correct the problem. Hopefully Dell will soon get their <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> in gear and find a solution.

• Had the same problem with the black screen on the rear facing camera on m brand new Venue 11 pro. Installed the update suggested here, and restarted - now my system tells me "to get started, attach a camera" - so now neither of the cameras work - come on Dell, sort this long running problem out!!!!!

• Hi, same problem here, back camera is working for a few hours after a reboot, then only grey screen...

I hope a solution will be made available by Dell on that subject!