Windows updates from 02/11/2014 broke my Venue 8 Pro again - Windows Mobile Products - Mobile Devices - Dell Community

Windows updates from 02/11/2014 broke my Venue 8 Pro again

Mobile Devices

Mobile Devices
Mobile devices Hardware and Software discussion

Windows updates from 02/11/2014 broke my Venue 8 Pro again

This question is not answered

This is just unbelievable. My Venue finally was stable for the last couple of weeks, Wifi worked, not having this "black screen" or "screen doesnt turn on anymore" bug anymore. But since I updated Windows updates came out two days ago, my Venue has these two problems again!! Can someone agree on this?? Help :(

All Replies
  • Can you detail what have you installed? And what do you see?

I am waiting for some reports before installing the updates

KB2843630

KB2908816

KB2917929

KB2919907

KB2923300

KB2923528

KB2923768

KB2919394

• I too had everthing just about right. Updates were setup to auto. Now my onboard keypad is very sensitive. Hit a # and three opo up. Letters are about as bad. Any ideas.

• I'm with you! After uninstalling several windows updates and doing system recovery about 3 times. I had my Venue 8 pro working. After the latest round of updates, the wifi, bluetooth, and power button are not working correctly. I finally had to do a complete reset (major pain to have to reinstall Office and apps). I got it back to a working state. I tested everything and all was well. THEN, I allowed the 38 updates to install (thinking the order of windows updates would install correctly and fix the problems this time). WRONG! Now, my wifi will not let me authenticate to connect and bluetooth is not working AND it is sitting here turning itself on after I hit the button to put it to sleep. I'M SO SICK OF HAVING TO TRY AND FIX PROBLEMS WITH A BRAND NEW TABLET. Dell, please do something to correct these issues.

• I got my Venue working again by resetting it, and installing all updates... But like I said in my first post: I did nothing at all than just update newest Windows updates, and that broke the tablet. And this happened before. Whats going on there? It seems it's not safe to install any Windows updates anymore after the tablet is working.