Dell Streak 5 charger input connection damaged

Mobile Devices

Mobile Devices
Mobile devices Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Streak 5 charger input connection damaged

This question is not answered

Hello,

For a few weeks now, my good old Dell Streak does not charge well anymore, but since yesterday I does not charge at all. I looked into the port where the charger connector needs to be put into, to see that most of the pins inside are deformed or even missing. I am quite unhappy with this, and even more because the device is working great besides this problem.

I have tried to email technical support with this problem, but the service tag number is not recognised. Therefore I have come to this forum. I hope somebody could help me with this. Thanks in advance.

PS: I have bought the streak 1.5 years ago in The Netherlands, my home country, but I live in the UK for my studies. In the Netherlands, the streak wasn't for sale via usual ways (via network providers) but only in a few webshops as phone without sim. The webshop I bought the phone will not help me with this problem, but refer to dell themselves because of the age of the phone and the fact the phone is put of the market a long time ago.

All Replies
  • I HAVE A DELL STREAK 7 I TOO AM VERY SATISFIED WITH IT. YESTERDAY I EXPERIENCED THE SAME PROBLEM, THE UNIT WILL NOT TAKE A CHARGE. THE PLUG END DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE DAMAGED BUT I HAVE HAD TO "DUCT TAPE" IN ORDER TO KEEP THE END FROM SEPARATING FROM THE WIRE! IF I HEAR OF ANYTHING HELPFULL I WILL FOLLOWUP WITH YOU.BY THE WAY, I HAVE HAD TO SEND THIS UNIT BACK ONCE ALREADY FOR THE SAME REASON...