Removing Dell Latitude ST2 Tablet Admin Password - Mobile Devices Forum - Mobile Devices - Dell Community

Removing Dell Latitude ST2 Tablet Admin Password

Mobile Devices

Mobile Devices
Mobile devices Hardware and Software discussion

Removing Dell Latitude ST2 Tablet Admin Password

This question is not answered
WP_20170607_12_26_36_Pro.jpg

I have received a master unlock password from Dell for the tablet.

I access the screen by pressing volume down button immediately after pressing the power button.

Previously, I could not Unlock the Admin Password, but only received an "Invalid Password" error.  With the Dell master unlock code, I entered the code and deleted the Admin Password by pressing Enter instead of typing a new password.  It appeared to work.

I still get an Enter Admin Password window when later trying to update bios with the Dell A09 bios update file.

I assume I'm screwing up somewhere.  This is the input screen.

How do I clear the Admin and System passwords completely from the tablet?

All Replies
  • Hi leonicholson,

We are there to help you with this problem.

Can you please Private message me you system service tag your name contact details and also verify the name under which the system was purchased please give us the error you get when you type the password and it says wrong password with the system service tag followed by the alphabets and error.

So that we can help you with the BIOS password.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Dell-Parnoshree C
    Social Media Support
    #IWork4Dell
    Dell Support Videos
    Drivers and Downloads
    Driver order