venue 8 7840 won't charge - Mobile Devices Forum - Mobile Devices - Dell Community

venue 8 7840 won't charge

Mobile Devices

Mobile Devices
Mobile devices Hardware and Software discussion

venue 8 7840 won't charge

This question is not answered

Hi my venue 8 7840 died last night (turned off from low battery) and now I can't get it to charge.  I have tried several different charging cables and outlets with no luck.  I believe it is the port of the device.  Any one experienced this or can help?

All Replies
  • I've got this exact same problem & it seems to be a chronic issue for this tablet.  No answer on here after a year on this thread, so it seems to be a lost cause to get this fixed.

• Hi--looks like my tablet is going the same way. I've had it charging for two days now, the charging light comes on, but it won't start no matter how many times I hold the start button down, or how long.

Whoa. I just tried again, and held down the start button. After about 10 seconds, the Venue 8 started up again. Now, I don't know how many times in the last few days I've done the same thing without effect. In the past, it has taken two or three tries in a row before the machine would reset, but this is the first time it has taken several days. All I can suggest is, keep holding the start button down after recharging it.