Dell Streak 7 will not turn on-force start doesn't work

Mobile Devices

Mobile Devices
Mobile devices Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Streak 7 will not turn on-force start doesn't work

This question is answered

the tablet does not turn on- although the side menu items are lit.  I tried the force stop and hitting the on/off button (at one time and simutaneously) and this does not work. 

any other suggestions?  thanks.

Verified Answer
  • Have you tried the pin reset button?

• The reset button is located just at side of the sdcard.

what color is the led?

If is red and ones you push the button to turn it on it just blinks red, that means that it needs to be charge, or other wise is something else.

All Replies
  • If the factory reset does not help then you have to send it in to Dell for warranty repair.

• I have a ticket into Dell they requested the Service tag and products purchase receipt, I purchased this on 12/23/11 will it still be under warranty?

• I OWN A DELL STREAK 7. ALL OF A SUDDEN IT STOP WORKING. tHE LIGHTS WILL COME ON BUT WILL GO OFF. I HAVE CHARGED IT FOR 24 HOURS BUT THE LIGHTS TO THE SIDE STILL GOES OFF. THE DELL STREAK 7 JUST WONT COME ON, CAN YOU ASSIST,

I AM NOT SURE WHERE THE RESET PIN IS ONTHE DEVICE. THANK YOU

• The reset button is in the little pin hole next to the SD card slot. Stick a pin or paper clip into the hole and press the button.

• Hello, I am a very frustrated Dell user, I am having the same problem that everyone else is having, the dell logo keeps flashing and doesn't stop, the reset button doesn't do anything either, help before this ends up in the landfill!!!

• Had the same problem as you ca see from my previous message, spoke to Dell Mobility Support very helpful, but they were unable to fix the problem. Sent me a FedEx overnight box returned my Streak and in about 10 days got a new in the box Tablet works great now. So for those having this problem contact them direct worked for me hope this helps

• For those of you having Dell logo loop,  follow these steps:

1. Press the pin reset button located next to the SD card slot to turn off the tablet.

2. Hold the volume + button and the Power button until the tablet boot into recovery screen.

3. Choose factory reset (data wipe).

After the factory reset your tablet will boot up and you will have to setup your tablet again, but at least it not a paper weight. :)

• I just found this web site which is very helpful. I have reset my dell streak and held down the volume + & power button at the same time. The lights on the side blink and so does the charge button, but I cannot get the charge to stay so it could fully charge. What should I do?
  • For those of you having Dell logo loop,  follow these steps:

1. Press the pin reset button located next to the SD card slot to turn off the tablet.

2. Hold the volume + button and the Power button until the tablet boot into recovery screen.

3. Choose factory reset (data wipe).

After the factory reset your tablet will boot up and you will have to setup your tablet again, but at least it not a paper weight. :)

• You must be fully chared in order to boot into recovery.

• What happens when the charge won't stay could it be a problem with the charger or the tablet? The tablet charged enough to see the screen to re boot, but couldnt get the tablet to stay on to charge.

• Keep it pluged in to charge. It can be charge while off.

• do not know  where the pin reset is on the dell streak 7 thanks

• Can you tell me if the reset using the reset pin worked for you? Mine started flashing the dell logo over and over and I've tried holding the power and volume but it it does not help. Should tablet be plugged in to power while using reset pin? This happened once before and I called dell and they helped me, but I don't recall what I did and dont have hours to hold on the phone until they get to me. I think the problem happens when I download more than a few apps. This time I wont load any games. I just want to be able to use Internet and read books! Thanks for any help.
  • No do not know where it is located on a Dell Streak 7