Forums

Mobile Devices

Mobile Devices
Mobile devices Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Streak 7 HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

This question is answered

After being on hold for 45 minutes then being hung up. Now on hold again for 15 minutes so far.  I got a streak 7 for christmas then plugged it into my computer to install the drivers. Windows see's it as an unknow device so it doesnt show up as a mass usb device so I can pull the drivers off the DS7. So I went to the support page to download the drivers and all thats available to download is the sync up software. I Installed that hoping the drivers were bundled with it. They are not.... Can someone please tell me where I can get a working driver for my DS7? I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP3.

Verified Answer
  • Here is another one of those Honeycomb imposing limitation. Honeycomb does not support usb mass storage drive. Google chose to support MTP instead. This means that you need to do 1 of 2 things:

1. Upgrade to Windows 7 because XP does not support MTP.

2. Use an app and wifi to do your file transfer.

All Replies
  • Hi  id recent reinstall my windows7 so hadnt got round to reconnecting my streak7..anyhows your drivers are in the root of the inbuilt sdcard  in ziparchive named drivers.zip :) if your pc is bluetooth enabled you could send them that way or if pc has cardreader copy them to the removable sdcard to obtain them.. instructions to install them to xp are inside the archive..-- .in my win7 enviroment i just a few mins ago  plugged it in and let new hardware do its stuff installing drivers namely installed USB Coposite device sucessfull,,,,then installed MTP sucessfull ,now Dellstreak 7 shows in ther ready to use,,and then was search windows update for Streak7 which was unsuccessfull :(.. however ,now autoplay pops up asking if i want to sync files ,open device ect.. clicking m computer shows portable media device named dell streak7 with both drives available upon clicking it.

Smile  Hiya From UK Smile

Dell Streak-7  Force Shutdown / Hard-Reset / Safemode / Recovery  info hard-reset.com/dell-streak-7-hard-reset.html

• Here is another one of those Honeycomb imposing limitation. Honeycomb does not support usb mass storage drive. Google chose to support MTP instead. This means that you need to do 1 of 2 things:

1. Upgrade to Windows 7 because XP does not support MTP.

2. Use an app and wifi to do your file transfer.

• Which app???

• something like sugar sync or drop box

• Thanks. I'll try that.