Dell Streak Bluetooth failure android 2.2

Mobile Devices

Mobile Devices
Mobile devices Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Streak Bluetooth failure android 2.2

This question has suggested answer(s)

I haven't succeeded yet in making a bluetooth phone audio connection with my Streak Android 2.2. Paired but not connected is the message. It connects with the headset for media audio but not for phone audio. Tried with different headsets. Mostly if I try to connect to the phone audio in "options" the app crashes with the message "The application closed unexpectedly....." "system exception....". I just won't work. I know I'm not the only one with the problem. Has someone an answer? 

All Replies
  • It's not only the bluetooth connection, I think. Further investigation showed that it has something to do with mobile network settings. I get the same failure when trying to change network mode for example - The process com.android.settings has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Hard to find any answers on this problem.

• I have a similar problem with my Streak.  I have a Plantronics Explorer 240 bluetooth headset that auto-connects fine with my computer and my old iPhone.  But, it seems to have problems with my Streak.  It won't auto-connect.  In order to get it to connect, I have to unpair it then re-pair it.  Then it will connect.  It's such a pain that the headset is virtually useless to me.  On the flip side, I have a Motorola bluetooth headset that auto-connects with the Streak fine. 

• Well, then I finally have to come with an answer that solved my problem and maybe can solve yours. Because I downloaded a reboot-app and used it the Streak didn't want to start any longer. I had to do a factory install (press both the volume down and upp buttons and at the same time also the power button, keep holding until you see text, choose factory install). After that the bluetooth connects fine. It's a lot of reinstallation, but it worked. If you do a Dell Backup most of your configuration can be restored.

• I tried this solution but it did not fix my problem.  If it fixed yours I bet you it was only for a short time.

• Sorry to hear that. Do you have any other problems? Maybe it has to with something else. I had a problem with the internal SD card (the 2gb, not the one you can change easily).