1) Insert your windows XP CD into your CD/DVD drive.
2) Restart your computer.
3) Press the F12 key to access the one time boot menu.
4) Select Onboard or USB CD-ROM Drive.
Press any key when prompted.
5) The Windows XP Setup will launch.
6) Press R to choose the Repair option and enter recovery console on the Welcome to Setup Page.
7) Type copy x:\i386\ntldr c:\ (where x is the drive letter for the optical drive), and press the <Enter> key.
8) Type copy x:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\ (where x is the drive letter for the optical drive), and press the <Enter> key. If you are prompted to overwrite the file, type y, and then press the <Enter> key.
9) Type exit and press the <Enter> key to quit the Recovery Console and restart your computer.
<p>what do you press when it ask you what what you want to log onto when you get to the recovery console? i tried 1 cus i saw it on another forum. then it ask for my password. after i put it in it ask for other things, i'm confused.</p>