How to Insert a Screen Shot into a Post by jimco
How to Insert a Screen Shot into a Post
You must be registered and logged onto the forum.
These instructions assume that you know how to make a screen shot. (Use Windows Snipping Tool, or if you don't have that application press Fn+Prnt Scrn then open Windows Paint and paste (Ctrl+V) into it, then "Save As" a jpeg or png file.)
1. When you make a post, you are either going to start a new thread or you are replying to someone.
If you are starting a new thread, click the "New Post" button at the top of any page on the forum.
If you are replying to a post in an existing thread, click on "Use Rich Formatting".
2. To begin inserting the screen shot, click the "Insert Image" button. If you have difficulty locating it, look for the yellow smilie face then go 7 buttons to the left.
3. On the next screen
1. Select "Computer" from the drop down box if the image is on your computer.
2. Click the "Browse" button and browse to where you saved the screen shot. Click on the file name.
3. Wait a moment while the file uploads -- when it's finished you will see the words "Uploaded".
4. Click on the "Insert" button. [You do not need to alter the "Dimensions" settings.] The image will now appear in your post wherever the cursor was.
4. You can use the same method to insert other images besides screen shots. You can change the apparent size of the image after it has been inserted into the post by clicking on it and dragging the handles.
5. Click on "I am not a robot" before posting.
Re: How to Insert a Screen Shot into a Post by jimco
Please do not reply in this thread which is a FAQ.
If you have comments or questions please start a new thread or shoot me a private message.
Thanks, I appreciate it.