Forums

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Slow-responsive "E" key

This question is not answered

I have a Dell Inspiron N5050. The "E" key doesn't easily respond. Something, probably dirt, is causing a slow contact. What can I do to clean it? I don't want to take off the key since they're difficult to get back on

Thanks Ralph

All Replies
  • Could try compressed air to blow dust / dirt away but it's likely any dirt has become sticky and adhered to key mechanism. You might even blow the dirt / dust to adjacent keys.

It's also possible that the rubber cup has split or the retaining clips have become damaged. You would have to remove the key in that case. It's fiddly to get the key back on but not impossible.

Paul

• Try cleaning it - worst case scenario is that you need a new keyboard (that may happen anyway, depending on what's at fault).

• Hi Ralph,

After cleaning the keyboard with a compressed air can, check if the keys work. I fthe issue persists, check in Safemode with networking. Restart the computer and tap F8 at Dell logo. Select Safemode with networking and check if the key works.

If the computer has active warranty I shall go ahead and arrange for a service.

Check warranty status: http://dell.to/10pMa86

Kindly private message me the service tag of the computer. To private message the service tag click my User name and click Start conversation.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".