Connecting Dell xps 14z to External monitor with VGA/DVI port

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Connecting Dell xps 14z to External monitor with VGA/DVI port

This question is not answered

Hi 

I have the most basic version of dell xps 14z and another monitor which has a VGA and DVI port , currently I have connected the HDMI port of the laptop to a HDMI cable that plugs into a HDMI to DVI adapter that goes into the monitor . but this setup has been problematic as the monitor appears on booting but upon entering the login credentials it disappears . My Question is which would be the best method to connect the dell xps 14z to an external monitor with only dvi/VGA ports ?

Praveen

All Replies
  • Hello Praveen,

I see that you have posted the same issue on a different thread and Rockstar Ejn63 have been assisting you with the issue. Please click here to refer the thread.

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

• Hi Allan

I have connected to a DVI MOnitor via a HDMI-DVI adapter but it is completely blank , it does not even detect , pls help . I have the most basic dell xps 14z.

• Hello Praveen,

I would like to know if you have tried connecting a different DVI cable. Also try using a different HDMI-DVI adapter if the issue persist even after using different cables.

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

• Hi Allan , I dont have a DVI cable . I am currently connecting with a HDMI cable which has a HDMI-DVI adapter on the end that connects to monitor. let me know your suggestions on fixing this , thanks.

• Hello Praveen,

In that case, please try a different HDMI-DVI adapter or a DVI-HDMI adapter and check if the issue persist.

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell