How Can I Turn On My Webcam? - Video - Laptop - Dell Community

How Can I Turn On My Webcam?

Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

How Can I Turn On My Webcam?

This question has been answered by nimisha rastogi

i want to know how to turn on my dell inspiron 3520 built in webcam and does it have a built in microphone?and i curious can someone spying you without you knowing and the light on? i do research on google, and somebody tell that can be happen,is that true?what the color of my webcam light? 

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi Carmen95,

If you system was shipped Windows 8, you can access the 'Camera' app from the start screen. In case you are not able to see the 'Camera' app on the start screen, you can download it from 'Windows Store Apps'.

• From the Start screen, click the 'Camera' tile to open the app
    • If the app asks to use your camera and microphone, choose 'Allow'
    • Adjust the settings, if desired
    • To snap a photo, click anywhere on the screen
    • The camera app saves all your snapped photos and videos in a folder called 'Camera Roll' in your Pictures library

If you system came with Windows 7, you can click on the Start menu -> Type Dell Webcam Central to access the webcam application. This system is shipped with a microphone.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks & Regards,
    Appu S
    To know more about Dell’s Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Orders & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA, India. For Dell Support Videos, click Here.

• my computer is running windows 8,there indeed have a camera app,but i not be able to use it,the app show an error massage 'this app needs permission to use your camera,you can change this in the app's settings' where is the app setting and how to enable webcam?

• Hi Carmen95,

Thank you for the response. To provide permission to the Camera app, open the Camera app -> then click Settings on the charm bar -> click Permissions -> change the permission to On. You may watch the video for more information.