Dell Inspiron 3521 - Video Not Playing

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Inspiron 3521 - Video Not Playing

This question is not answered

Hi

I just bought Dell Inspiron 3521 a couple of days ago.

I have tried to play video but they simply cant play no matter in many different ways I tried. Let me describe it in detail for you:

System configuration: Windows 8 64bit, i3, 2GBram, 500gbHD, Intel HD display card

I have installed the driver in the suggested sequence: Chipset and Media Card Reader, Intel drivers, audio, video, dell quickset, wireless, and finally touchpad. (USB 3 driver cant be installed, but that's besides the point here I guess)

Have searched and downloaded many different versions of the video driver but none is able to get my videos played.

One more thing if it means something: I have updated the bios to A04 (but at this time I can see A06 as well, but not being suggested to updated by dell drivers webpage, so I am not updating it to A06 until advised)

What else should I tell you.... hmmm... Video codecs may be.. I have tried to update my video player and codecs in all the possible ways, 64 bit updated where possible.

No avi, mp4, mkv, etc be played.

Whenever I try to open any video a black screen appears in my video player with audible movie audio and then after couple of seconds a pop up in notification area in taskbar with following message:

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver intel graphics accelerator drivers for windows 8(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

What should I do? please send me a direct link to an updated video driver if that's the case. Shall I tell my service tag number?

Please help.

Thank you

All Replies
  • Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Try installing the Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver using the below link. If that does not work, check under Pervious Version to check if you can install a previous version for this computer.

http://dell.to/12SBBAJ

Thank you.