Camera dell inspiron 3520

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Camera dell inspiron 3520

This question is not answered

I have a problem with the camera of my DELL.

The problem is when i open the app of the camera, the app say me "connect a camera" .

How i can resolve the problem?

Tengo un problema con la cámara de mi DELL.

El problemas es cuando abro la aplicación de la cámara, la aplicación me dice "conecte una cámara".

Como puedo resolver el problema?

All Replies
  • Hi Zoro58,

Check if the webcam is detected in Device manager.

• Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Check if webcam is detected under imaging device.

Also, run diagnostics on webcam.

Under component select camera and click on Run diagnostics.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".

• Hi Rajesh R

Thank you for the help, but it didn' work.

Scan Results:

Dell PC Diagnostics did not identify any hardware faults. 
    Good news! No hardware issues were found during the scan. If you’re still experiencing problems with your system you might try one of the following steps:
    • Perform a System Restore to revert back to a previous configuration before the problem began
    • Visit the Drivers and Downloads page to ensure your system is up to date
    • Check the Troubleshooting page for hot topics or top solutions related to the issue you’re experiencing

Depending on the outcome of tests performed during the scan, additional troubleshooting may also be available in the test summary below. Scroll down to view these results.

Microphone:Microphone Test
    Microphone Interactive Test  
    Check Alert Icon Passed
    check
    Diagnostics indicate that your audio devices are working normally. If you continue to experience audio issues, Dell recommends the following: 
    • Run the Microsoft Fix it application for audio issues It will resolve many common playback issues automatically.
    •  Consider searching Dell’s Troubleshooting page for suggestions on how to resolve the issue.
    • If you are experiencing the issue with a single application, consider visiting the developer’s website or knowledge base for additional suggestions.
    Why?
    What is te problem?
    Help me, please

• Don't detect the camera

• Hi Zoro58,

The webcam is not detected on the computer. We need to replace the webcam on the computer.

If the computer is under warranty, I would be glad to arrange a service on the computer.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Check warranty status: http://dell.to/zEE2Cm

In case of expired warranty scenario, we would not be able to extend warranty entitled services.

If the warranty on the computer has expired, below link would help you in contacting expired warranty services (this is for US based customers):

http://dell.to/4LOBWi

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".