Inspiron n4010 sceen problems

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Inspiron n4010 sceen problems

This question is not answered

The screen on my Inspiron n4010 in no longer working.  The screen is white with vertical lines.  I can link to an external monitor and have no problem seeing the screen on the external monitor.  Does this mean that my video card is good?  If the video card I good can I simply replace the LCD screen?  Can I replace the screen alone or do I need to replace the inverter?   My laptop is no longer under warranty.  I would like to repair this as economically as possible.  I have had it for a little over a year.  During this time and while still under warranty, it was will Dell for repairs.  Part of the problem then was the sound.  So far I have not been impressed with my Dell.

Thanks so much for your help.

All Replies
  • Hi

I would recommend you to check the screen in BIOS. Turn on the system; Press <F2> at the initial Dell logo screen to enter System Setup. In case you see vertical lines in BIOS then there is a problem with the LCD screen.

After that I would also suggest you to run Dell diagnostics as well. Turn on the system, press <F12> at the initial Dell logo screen, and select Diagnostics from the boot menu.

During the Pre-Boot System Assessment, the Video Test will present you a screen with colors bars and you will get a message, “Were Color Bars Displayed (Y/N)" press the <N> key to perform the LCD Built in Self-Test (BIST)

In case above test fails LCD screen has to be replaced.

Thanks & Regards
    Prateek K
    #iworkfordell