Vostro 3750 & Dell Webcam Center - Not Working

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Vostro 3750 & Dell Webcam Center - Not Working

This question is answered

I have Dell Vostro 3750.

Webcam center doesn't work:

All drivers from Dell Support (http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/ru/ru/rubsdc/ServiceTag/<Admin Note:service tag removed per privacy policy~RK>s=bsd) was installed.

Need help

P.S. OS - Windows 7 64x

Verified Answer
  • "You can also try installing Dell Webcam Central and see if it correct itself."

It works!

All Replies
  • Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Use the below link to Troubleshoot Webcam Issues.

support.dell.com/.../document

I also suggest you check if the Webcam is getting detected in Device Manager, under Imaging Devices.

Thank you.

• discripter,

PLEASE READ AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASKED, BELOW.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• DELL-Royan S

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Use the below link to Troubleshoot Webcam Issues.

support.dell.com/.../document

Hi!

There is no folders:

"f. Double-click Dell Webcam.

g. Double-click Dell Webcam Central."

in my computer.

I have the WebCam Center shortcut  "D:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Dell Webcam Manager\DellWMgr.exe" on my desktop and I've Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows Vista (Service Pack 2). - nothing changed...

RockSt☆r-Rick K

PLEASE READ AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASKED, BELOW.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order 

I've installed all drivers correctly.

RockSt☆r-Rick K

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?"

My webcam works correctly with Skype. But Dell WebCam Center doesn't see it at all (see screenshot above).

"Any error messages?" - no erros

Is the computer under warranty? - yes

"Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?" :

• discripter,

You said...

discripter
    My webcam works correctly with Skype. But Dell WebCam Center doesn't see it at all (see screenshot above).

Can you create a new unrestricted user account and see if the webcam works. Since it's working with Skype, that may be a good sign.

If you run the Webcam Diagnostics you could look and see if the webcam is listed in the symptom tree. If it's listed with no errors, I would have suggested the new unrestricted user account first.

If the webcam is listed in the symptom tree and error message, then the webcam failed and Royan could help with getting you help.

If the webcam is not listed in the symptom tree, then it bcame detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam. Royan could also help with this or you could contact Dell Tech Support.

Here is a screenshot of the symptom tree from the Webcam Diagnostics

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• RockSt☆r-Rick K

discripter,

You said...

discripter

Can you create a new unrestricted user account and see if the webcam works. Since it's working with Skype, that may be a good sign.

If you run the Webcam Diagnostics you could look and see if the webcam is listed in the symptom tree. If it's listed with no errors, I would have suggested the new unrestricted user account first.

If the webcam is listed in the symptom tree and error message, then the webcam failed and Royan could help with getting you help.

If the webcam is not listed in the symptom tree, then it bcame detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam. Royan could also help with this or you could contact Dell Tech Support.

Here is a screenshot of the symptom tree from the Webcam Diagnostics

Rick

I rebooted the computer, pressed F12, then I choose "Diagnostics".

here is the result:

I can't find "Webcam Diagnostics" nowhere...

I have not seen anywhere else this message http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-wikis-components-files/00-00-00-00-15/4666.3bootingdiagnostics.jpg

• discripter,

I was afraid of that. I have a model here that has the same diagnostics.

Try testing the webcam at this link.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/pc_diagnostics_comm/dellpcdiagionstics-video-capture

You can also try installing Dell Webcam Central and see if it correct itself.

Your system is under warranty, so I would contact Dell Tech Support, and maybe they can fix it remotely. If not, then they'll have to send someone to fix it.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• RockSt☆r-Rick K

• "You can also try installing Dell Webcam Central and see if it correct itself."

It works!

• discripter,

Glad you got it working! Yes Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Thank you, Rick )