Is your Dell Inspiron 1545 screen damaged/cracked? If so, it is simple to replace!
Order your screen(ANY screen!!) from: www.LaptopScreen.com
The website is user friendly, and very simple! I was able to find my screen and type(glossy/matte) with ease through the help of the websites user friendly format.
Here is an easy step by step procedure to replace your screen:
1.Remove 6 rubber caps to reveal the screws. (you can use a razor blade to help remove the caps easily)
Below are images showing where the rubber caps are.
2. Unscrew all 6 screws (note that the top 2nd from the right screw is a captive screw and doesn't come off all the way)
3. Remove the plastic we just unscrewed VERY CAREFULLY!(you will hear snapping as you pull the plastic off) (the bottom section is held on by adhesive so slowly and carefully remove the lower section to prevent breaking.)
4. We will now unscrew 2 screws holding the LCD in place (located in the corners below the LCD screen.)
(There are 2 screws, one on each end below the LCD screen holding it in place. the arrow is pointing to the right screw)
Note that once you unscrew the 2 screws, remove only the upper section of the LCD to go to the next step.
5. We will now unscrew 3 screws on each side of the LCD, a total of 6 to remove.
The image shows where the 3 screws on the right side to remove, also remove the 3 on the left side.
6. We will now remove the connector for the LCD.
(arrow #1. points to where there is adhesive, remove very, very carefully!!)
(arrow #2 shows there to disconnect, it also is protected with tape, you can remove tape from the part to disconnect)
(arrow #3 is the direction in which to PULL to disconnect, but do not pull upwards, pull away in that direction)
We now have disconnected the LCD ready to replace with a new screen purchased from: www.LaptopScreen.com. To find the correct screen needed to replace, locate the screen name shown in image below.
Thank you and enjoy your new laptop screen!! To re-assemble, reverse the steps we took to remove the LCD.