Dell Webcam Central Direct Download Link

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Webcam Central Direct Download Link

This question is answered

This is the direct link to download the Dell Webcam Central progam. This is the full version of the program and not an update. The software will install Webcam Central version 1.40.05  Please note that the "Driver Details" page will list this as for a Dell SX2210 monitor.  This is the correct link for the Webcam Central software for all notebook systems shown under the "Compatibility" drop-down. 

http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

Some XPS Models need Windows 7 drivers downloaded from Drivers & Downloads. If you have an XPS laptop please visit the Drivers & Downloads website, enter your service tag number, and look for your webcam drivers under the header INPUT.

If you'd like to view the knowledge base article to walk you through the process you can view it here

If you need assistance installing the Webcam Central program please view the You Tube video 

To stay up-to-date on all your pre-installed Dell software. Please use Internet Explorer and sign up at https://smartsource.dell.com
Verified Answer
  • I downloaded Dell Webcam Central from the link, but instead of version 2.4 or 2.0.46 i'm stuck with version 1.40.37. Is there anyway to upgrade from this? When I clicked the check for software update button, Creative Software AutoUpdate tells me that the latest versions are already installed.

All Replies
  • Performance on the server for the scripted Links is Poor to None.

155336704 Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam SW RC1.1_ R230103.exe

Clicking on your link I get a perpetual Hour glass!!

Operating Systems
    Windows 2000
    Windows 7 32-bit
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Windows Vista 32-bit
    Windows Vista 64-bit
    Windows XP
    Windows XP Embedded
    Windows XP x64

Systems
    Alienware Desktop Area 51
    Alienware Desktop Aurora
    Inspiron Desktop 535
    Inspiron Desktop 535S
    Inspiron Desktop 537/537s
    Inspiron Desktop 545
    Inspiron Desktop 545S
    Inspiron Desktop 546
    Inspiron Desktop 546S
    inspiron INSP1440
    Monitor Dell SX2210 monitor
    Precision R5500
    Studio Desktop 540
    Studio Desktop Slim 540s
    Studio Laptop Studio 1440
    Studio Laptop Studio 1555
    Studio XPS Desktop Studio XPS 435T/9000
    Studio XPS Laptop 1340
    Studio XPS Laptop 16
    Vostro Desktop 220
    Vostro Desktop 220s
    Vostro Desktop 420
    Vostro Notebook 1320
    Vostro Notebook 1520
    Vostro Notebook 1720

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here
    I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.
    The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.

• I downloaded Dell Webcam Central from the link, but instead of version 2.4 or 2.0.46 i'm stuck with version 1.40.37. Is there anyway to upgrade from this? When I clicked the check for software update button, Creative Software AutoUpdate tells me that the latest versions are already installed.

• mzhu026,

Try this version also known as Dell Webcam Central

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Just downloaded it. It's still in version 1.40.37 though.

• mzhu026,

Using Internet Explorer, go to My Dell Downloads :: Login Use the same email address and password you used here. Click on add system. The latest version of Dell Webcam Central can be found there. 

***Systems purchased befor April 1, 2010 might NOT register with Dell My Downloads***

If system does NOT register after 5 minutes, then contact Dell Tech Support.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• That was the first place that I downloaded it from and it's the old version as well.

• mzhu026,

Open Dell Webcam Central, then click on the ?

Click on Check for Software Update, It should update to the latest version.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• tried that and it told me that i already had the latest version

• mzhu026,

Dell Webcam Central  is version 1.40.05(usually XP)

Windows 7 usually works with Dell Webcam Central 2.0 or higher.

Using Internet Explorer, go to My Dell Downloads :: Login Use the same email address and password you used here. Click on add system. The latest version of Dell Webcam Central can be found there. 

***Systems purchased befor April 1, 2010 might NOT register with Dell My Downloads***

If system does NOT register after 5 minutes, then contact Dell Tech Support.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• i have a problem with my dell inpiron n5110 my webcam is not working it is giving the error that webcan is being used by another application but it is not..

what should i do

• shiningstarr,

Do you have any Facial Recognition Software installed?

What program are you trying to use with the webcam?

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Rick

#DellRockStar

• This link does not work.  All I wanted was this Webcam Central program, and I've got nothing but a colossal rigamarole from this website.  WHAT IS THE DEAL?  I registered, followed the directions, but nothing works.  

• rubyfocus,

This program is also known as Dell Webcam Central

If you have a newer computer, you can...

Please use Internet Explorer(32-bit) when navigating to My Dell Downloads :: Login. Use the same email address and password you use here. Click on add system. Your paid programs can be found there.

If you're having problems with your webcam, then PLEASE READ AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASKED, BELOW.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers i the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

#DellRockStar

• I'd be really careful about installing this software if you already have a different version on your computer. This software is NOT compatible with other versions of software and it doesn't coexist with other versions of software. I ended up having to wipe my computer to clean up the mess.

• For my M4600, the webcam software is not on this site. Luckily when I had to reinstall it, the IT department was able to find the CDs that came with it and the webcam software was on one of them.