Forums

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Where to download Dell Webcam Central for M4600?

This question is not answered

Since I can't restore the original settings, I thought I'd reinstall the software. I followed the instructions in PudgyOne's post, but when I get to the page for the software for my computer, there is no webcam software. Not sure why that would be the case.

My laptop has the latest version that the updater recommends which is 1.40.42. I noticed other versions on this site for download, but not that version and none of the files here mention which laptop they are for.

Anyone know where I can get 1.40.42 or can confirm which version on this site works?

All Replies
  • M4600,

Please read...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Instructions can be found there to download Dell Webcam Central, if you cannot find the disks.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• If you read my post, I followed the instructions to go to the software downloads and the webcam software was not in the list of downloads available for my computer. There were only five entries, and two of them were the same, but with different release dates.

Title Version Release Date Downloads Remaining Size Estimated Download Time Download

Cyberlink PowerDVD (DVD Version) 9.5 07/07/2010 3 104,821 KB 13 minutes      

PowerDVD 9.5.1.3426 01/11/2011 3 105,564 KB 14 minutes      

PowerDVD 9.5.1.3426 03/16/2011 3 105,564 KB 14 minutes      

Roxio Creator Starter 12.1 09/05/2010 3 585,326 KB 1.5 hours      

Roxio Creator Starter 12.1.0.439 12/01/2010 2 636,644 KB 1.5 hours      

On this site, there are several versions, but there is no reference as to which version is for which computer. My computer has version 1.40.42 and the history of previous versions shown in the updater are 1.40.38 and 1.40.28. None of those versions are on this site. Also, the link for 2.00.46 is broken.

• M4600,

The link in the article and the one we have is Dell Webcam Central after it's installed, it can be updated.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• That link seems to be broken. It goes to Dell SX2210 monitor.

• M4600,

That is Dell Webcam Central and has helped other members.

You may also want to read THIS THREAD.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• I called Dell technical support. He deinstalled the dell webcam control. It turns out that the link referring to the monitor actually is for dell webcam control software, which he downloaded and installed. Now the system is even more effed up than before. The original software was 1.40.28, which updated to 1.40.38, which updated to 1.40.42, which has the bug with the anti-motion blur setting. The new software on the link that you provideded is version 1.40.05. which updates to 1.40.35. This is a different version of software. When the original software deinstalled, it did not remove all of the previous files and settings so I can see the update history showing the old software and new software mixed together. What a joke. This is being escalated to level 2 technical support. I am very unimpressed. The software version control is pathetic!

• I forgot to mention that we tried to do a system restore to a restore point from yesterday before the problem occurred. It did not work. There was an error so nothing was changed.

• Did you ever resolve this? I'm having the exact same problem now.

Stuck in some weird mode in the latest version of the software and no way to revert to the version that actually works.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

• This has been a fiasco. The support provided by Dell on this was basically useless. The left me with a non-functional webcam and helpfully suggested that I contact Creative Labs for support or else reimage the system. Obviously Creative Labs won't help end users and I couldn't justify the time to reimage my computer. I was looking for the proper software, but I finally figured out for myself that the software caches updates so I reinstalled it from there. The folder to look in is C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Software Update\cache. If you can't find the software there, send me a PM.

• M4600,

Try running the Webcam Diagnostics and report back any error messages.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• I am in the same situation. I reimaged my hard drive and now I cannot find the webcam central software. When I go to the list of software for my computer it does not list webcam central. It is crazy that Dell makes us jump through so many hoops to get something so simple.

• ryanmc,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Create a new unrestricted user account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If yes, log out and log back in to your account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

If your computer is under warranty, contact Dell Tech Support

Rick

#DellRockStar