Forums

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

ST MICRO SCREEN DETECTION SENSOR

This question is not answered

I HAVE A DELL XPS L 502 X. I RECIEVED IT ON MAY 12,2011. IT IS A FAIRLY NEW SYSTEM. I RECIEVED THE FOLLOWING NOTICE-ADDRESS A PROBLEM WITH ST MICRO SCREEN DETECTION SENSOR. WHAT ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT AND HOW DO I FIX IT? IT IS WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE AND i7 PROCESSOR WITH 8 GB OF RAM.

All Replies
  • I have had the exact same issue since inheriting this laptop at work - Precision M6600 Windows 7 Ultimate, i7 processor 8Gb Ram

Address a problem with ST Micro Screen Detection Sensor

ST Micro Screen Detection Sensor isn't compatible with this version of Windows.

Can anyone help on this issue?

Thanks

• Even i have the exact issue on dell xps L502X windows 7 home premium service pack 1, 6GB ram, 2GB graphic

This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between St Micro Screen Detection Sensor and this version of windows.

May any one solve this problem

• After going through the solved issue regarding ST Micro Screen Detection Sensor

i had checked 'freefall data protection' in the 'control panel' and found that its working properly,

but i dont know why action center is showing this message,

This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between St Micro Screen Detection Sensor and this version of windows.

please suggest me solution.

• http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?DriverId=R294986&FileId=2731099594&DriverName=ST%20Microelectronics%20Free%20Fall%20Sensor%2C%20v.2.00.10.22%2C%20A06 

This is a "freefall" Driver the link above will take you to the download page

Regards
    Ken 

• WayneBending

I have had the exact same issue since inheriting this laptop at work - Precision M6600 Windows 7 Ultimate, i7 processor 8Gb Ram

ST Micro Screen Detection Sensor isn't compatible with this version of Windows.

Can anyone help on this issue?

Thanks