dell inspiron n5110 problem with webcam

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

dell inspiron n5110 problem with webcam

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hello to all the helping hearts!!!

I bought a Inspiron 15R N5110 laptop a week ago. I have downloaded its all drivers and installed them. Some are working and some are not. My webcam is not working at all. When I try for a video call in skype it gives me message that skype doesn't support my webcam and suggest me to upgrade. I searched in dell.com for driver but all I found is Dell Webcam Central which doesn't work. Now I am in trouble. What am I supposed to do now???

Please help me to find out the webcam driver for inspiron n5110.

All Replies
  • asokadell,

Why did you take a new laptop and download and install all the drivers? Did you reinstall the operating system? If so, did you install the noetbook system utility and the chispet drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Did you make the Windows 7 - IMPORTANT Windows 7 Backup Disks to create?

Did you try using them to reinstall the operating system?

Rick 

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• I install drivers because it doesn't contain any drivers installed. Keypad, bluetooth were running but not as they should. Unfortunately webcam was not active.

My other problems are solved now but I am having trouble with my webcam only. Yahoo messenger and skype are not supporting my webcam as I could not find driver for that.

Please help me. My laptop is dell inspiron n5110.

• Hi,

Check device manager(Search>device manager)

The webcam would be listed in device manager and should like the image below

Do reply with the screen shot if it is anything other than this.

Forum Member Since 2010

• Apologies for the Big Blurry picture. :)

Forum Member Since 2010

• Thanks for your reply Telson A

Yea Teson A I got that. (I am unable to send you picture because I am not using my laptop now) What does it mean? Although its showing dell webcam center, yahoo messenger and skype is not supporting my cam. why?

• Try this,

Right click on integrated webcam > Properties>Driver.

On the windows click on Roll Back Driver.

If the Roll Back Driver option is greyed out like in the picture then

- go to programs and features list, Uninstall Dell Webcam Central

- Restart the system

- Check again in device manager, you should not have integrated camera mentioned.

- Download and install the latest Webcam Software ->Click Here

- Restart the system, Open Dell Webcam central

Let me know if this worked out.

Forum Member Since 2010

• Hello,

Yesterday only i have purchased new DELL i5 Inspiron 15R N5110 DOS model laptop and i am getting problems in webcam and bluetooth.. My webcam central and bluetooth is not working..and also battery last for only 2hrs..

Kindly let me know how to solve my problem..

• Jigar padaya,

Try reading...

Webcam is not functioning and uninstall the webcam, then restart your computer. See if the webcam comes back. If not, then options are to call Dell tech Support or take to place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• asokadell,

Does the webcam show under imaging devices in the device manager? If ues, do you have Microsoft Silverlight installed?

If yes, start, all programs Microsoft Silverlight, Webcam and Mic.

Can you see yourself? If no, try changing the dropdown menu for the webcam. If no menu, Try uninstalling Microsoft Silverlight.

What happens?

Rick

#DellRockStar

• I have the same problem with the webcam. when i run dell webcam central, it says "No supported webcam connected" on the lower left corner. Wat to do?? when i got the laptop the webcam was working.

• wajiha,

Follow the procedure at...

Using and Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

If the webcam does NOT show in the device manager, under imaging devices, then contact Dell Tech Support.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Hi,

May be your problem is with skype. From there you can check for two things.

1- your skype program is up to date: open skype>>in the task bar choose help>>choose check for updates>> if there is one you'll have a "Download" button at the bottom. If not then we have that out of the way.

2- may be skype is giving u an error because it doesn't see your webcam properly. then you can do this:in the task bar choose Tools>>choose Options>>in the settings window under the group called "General" you should find an entry "Video". Press that and you should see your video from the webcam. if not then try to find an option to choose your webcam from a list.

• community.skype.com/.../388467

There is a beta version which fixes dell laptop webcam problems with skype.

• community.skype.com/.../388467