Dell Inspiron 1545 Webcam Driver Issue!!!

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Inspiron 1545 Webcam Driver Issue!!!

This question is not answered

Can anybody help me.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop it came with windows 7 Home Premium and the driver for the webcam is missing.

How and where can I download a driver to drive the hardware.

Regards.

All Replies
  • Oloriebi,

Try...

Webcam is not functioning

Installing Dell Webcam Central

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Hi you a dell user sir?Everything you posted for the intergrated webcam for the inspiron 1545 didnot work?I am looki

ng into making a complaint about this matter to the govt.to many people got screwed with this problem and dell didnot list this as a defect?another way to make money.

• gusto56,

Did you look at the instructions at...

Webcam is not functioning

Windows 7

Notice:
    Close any applications that are currently using the webcam. Save and close any applications that you are currently working on as the system will need to restart.
    1. Click Start
    2. Right-Click Computer
    3. Click Properties
    4. Click Device Manager on the left hand side
    5. Click Imaging devices
    6. Right-click the Integrated webcam
    7. Click Uninstall
    8. Follow the prompts to continue to uninstall the Driver.
    9. Once uninstalled restart the computer

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• hi again i did this and in the device manager section it doesnot list webcam or cameras or any imaging devices.it was always there before and now its gone.i went to dell download and drivers section and downloaded their driver but after it said driver was unzipped press ok i did then a little disc on the screen was spinning around loading and it only got up tp 90%and it stopped and said cannot complete because this download original from dell is missing a valuble component.speak to a tech in which you have to pay.this is very unfair to any person who purchased a dell inspiron 1545 or any other dells with the same problem.noone in any of these forums ever received a fix for this peoblem.thanks for your reply.

• did you ever find a solution to this?

• Hi,

I spent a good chunk of time recently on this and posted my solution here, this might resolve many people's issues if they are willing to fiddle around internally

Good luck - Ron

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19438450/20060146.aspx#20060146

• Thanks Ronb3, It really works.

• KIndly provide me a solution w.r.t. Fedora 16 (Linux OS).