Alienware m15x upgrade display to Nvidia GTX 460m - Video - Laptop - Dell Community

Alienware m15x upgrade display to Nvidia GTX 460m

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Alienware m15x upgrade display to Nvidia GTX 460m

This question has been answered by ejn63

I brought an alienware laptop m15x from Singapore and have configuration with nvidia GTX 260m display card.

recently alienware add nvidia GTX 460m display card with this model and i am very much interested to replace my m15x display card to this new GTX 460m display card.

If is it possible, where do i need to contact and how? is there anyone already replace there display card?

Can anyone help.

Thank you,

Khandakar Amir Faisal (Tuhin).

Note: I live in Bangladesh and buy this laptop from Singapore.

Verified Answer
  • Dell won't support this - call and ask for the Spare Parts department.  At best it's going to be an experiment - there are no guarantees it'll work (and it will be an expensive experiment, whether or not it works).

All Replies
  • You'll need to call Dell - it's the only place you're going to find this part.

• Thanks for ur reply. Dont know which service to contact with, sales or technicle support or some other service from dell.

• Dell won't support this - call and ask for the Spare Parts department.  At best it's going to be an experiment - there are no guarantees it'll work (and it will be an expensive experiment, whether or not it works).

• Thanks. First ill try with tech support then will try with spare. Thanks Again.

• Ok, Communicate with Dell Tech support and also with Spare parts. Get the price and confirm the upgrade can be done. Need to take the laptop to Dell tech support (Singapore) and replace it. Many Thanks for ur help.