Dell Vostro 1500 LCD Screen Replacement/Screen Brightness

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Vostro 1500 LCD Screen Replacement/Screen Brightness

This question is not answered

I replaced my Dell Vostro 1500 laptop LCD screen recently. The picture is close to normal, but my daughter says the picture is not quite as bright as it used to be. When I use Fn and the up arrow, the screen gets brighter then less bright as the yellow bar reaches the end. Any suggestions on how to make this picture brighter? WolfpackRon.

All Replies
  • Is the screen exactly the same model as the original?  If not, is it known to be one shipped with your model of system?  Did you change the inverter with the screen?

If the screen isn't identical to the original, was it used?  If used, or a different model, it may not be as bright as the original.

• EJN63,

I did not change the inverter. I purchased the LCD screen from Screenaid located in New York. It was purchased thru Ebay as a replacement for the Dell Vostro 1500. It fit except for not having pre-drilled holes to attach the inverter. I used doublefaced tape to attach the inverter. It had a metal frame below it. I intend to contact Screenaid next. WolfpackRon.

• If the screen works, order a compatible inverter for it.  That should solve the problem.

• Thanks, I will replace the inverter. They are very inexpensive. WolfpackRon.

• WolfpackRon

Thanks, I will replace the inverter. They are very inexpensive. WolfpackRon.

Did you ever resolve the issue? Im having the same trouble on 2 different dell lcd replacements.

Thanks.

• If you are still living with a dimmer screen have a read here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19313203.aspx?PageIndex=1