Studio XPS 1645 Win7 x64 : Generic webcam drivers

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Studio XPS 1645 Win7 x64 : Generic webcam drivers

This question is not answered

Hi,

As I usually do, first thing out of the box was to reformat and install just the stuff I want. Everything seems to be peachy, but I'm just curious about the integrated 2.0MP webcam. Device Manager lists the driver as a generic MS driver published in 2006, and I can't find one in the drivers download section on support.dell.com when I enter my service tag. I've heard this is a Creative product though, and although their support site was fruitless as well, I would assume that if it really is a Creative product they would have written their own drivers for it.

Thanks a lot.

P.S. This thing rocks my socks

All Replies
  • I'm in the same boat, sort of.  I used FastAccess for a while and decided I don't want facial recognition or any of the browser features.  Since I don't want to use it, I uninstalled it.  Now Skype/et.al won't recognize my webcam.

How do I get a driver for just the webcam?

• This post is a year old and still I have not found any drivers for the webcam.  Creative does not support this webcam and Dell still has no drivers on their site for XPS 1645 models.  The only way I know to install drivers for this webcam is fro the resource cd.   HOWEVER, webcam manager doesn't work with that driver. ....

DELL, why aren't there any downloadable fully functioning webcam drivers for the 1645?

• Agreed!!

Drivers please, Dell.

• WaitingForDrivers1645,

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

What were the results?

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!