webcam drivers for dell vostro 1014

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

webcam drivers for dell vostro 1014

This question has suggested answer(s)

i did not have the Dell driver CD  and any back up for my dell vostro 1014 laptop...now i was formatted OS.... so i want the webcam driver....plz help me...

All Replies
  • see dell website...

• Hi friends , Even iam facing some problem in webcam .. Its showing already the driver is installed but iam not able to use the webcam,, pls help me,, iam using WINDOWS 7..

• I don't see a driver for the webcam on Dell.com.  Many other drivers are there but now the cam.  I think you will need to go to device manager to find out the manufacturer of that webcam and then go to their site to find the driver.  You need to know if your OS is 32 bit or 64 bit though to ensure you get the correct driver.

• Hey actually ,, when i see in device manager it is showing installed..

But 1 thing is iam new to windows 7 ,, iam not able to find where the web cam console will be there... And some wr in dell wesite i read we need some dell web central software,,,, iam stuck here.,.

• aa

• hello

my self ashish ranjan. working with corporate. my laptop driver CD is not working. plz help me out to use my web cam of DELL VOSTRO 1014

can any one send me theweb cam driver of dell vostro 1014 . the driver cd is not working. which i got when i purchase my laptop.

• hello

hello

my self ashish ranjan. working with corporate. my laptop driver CD is not working. plz help me out to use my web cam of DELL VOSTRO 1014

i had checkedin the dell website but it is not there.

can any one send me theweb cam driver of dell vostro 1014 . the driver cd is not working. which i got when i purchase my laptop.

• I don't know where to get that software. Try google or try this:

support.dell.com/.../document

Jim Coates -- senior forum member

• In addition to what Jim stated,

Did you reinstall the operating system lately?

When you installed Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) did you install the desktop/notebook utility and the chipset drivers first? If not the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order If you cannot find Windows 7 drivers, then try using the Vista (or XP) 32-bit drivers, for Windows 7 32-bit of the Vista (or XP) 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit and install the drivers in the Compatibility mode

Installing Dell Webcam Central

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• I lost my driver CD so that I want the webcam driver...........

• khanomar,

Try reading...

Using and Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Instructions on how to find the drivers. Mouse and keyboard is now called input.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• i did not have the Dell driver CD  and any back up for my dell vostro 1014 laptop...now i was formatted OS.... so i want the webcam driver....plz help me...

• krishanmandal,

You said...

krishanmandal
    now i was formatted OS

Did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Look under input for the webcam drivers.

If the notebook system utility(if applicable) and the chispet drivers are not installed first, the rest of the drivers will fail to install.

You can then try installing this which is Dell Webcam Central

Rick

#DellRockStar

• hello sir,i am vinay-using Dell vostro1014 in my laptop webcam software missed plz suggest any one

• vinayratnagera,

You can then try installing this which is Dell Webcam Central

Rick

#DellRockStar