Inspiron 1501 Display Driver problem

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Inspiron 1501 Display Driver problem

This question is not answered

I have an Inspiron 1501 with an ATI Radeon Express 1150 video driver.

After a Windows update I have continually received errors whenever a Video program I use is placed in Full-Screen mode. This occurs for Skype, Digsby Video Chat, YouTube and many other applications. This also occurs when I connect another monitor to the laptop and attempt to watch on that monitor ( this does not require the full screen mode ).

There are many who have encountered this error from what I have seen online, and many suggest updates from ATI's Catalyst as well as Dell Updates and Microsoft Updates. I have tried all those, but continue to have trouble. I have tried to reset my computer to it's install state, but this did not fix the issue either ( on YouTube ).

Are there any suggestions from anyone out here? Because this problem is very annoying as it ends up causing very choppy video and eventually I usually get a blue screen if I don't restart the computer.

The error says: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver R300 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Thank you for any help or assistance that could be found for this.

All Replies
  • Try this,  http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool.php .

This works for both Vista and XP.And it should update the CCC,which is causing the problem.If you have ATI graphics you should never use windows updates,it will constantly cause video errors/problems.

Post back if you need more help.

E1705 T7400 2.16Ghz / Vista Home Premium SP2 / 17" LG WUXGA 1920 X 1200 / 4GB 667Mhz Geil Ram w/Heatspreaders / Western Digital Scorpio Black 500GB 7200RPM / 500GB 7200RPM My Book / Nvidia Geforce Go 7900GS 256MB / Toshiba DVD/CD+/-RW DL / Intel 4965 A/B/G/N / 355 Bluetooth 2.0+EDR / Pinnacle Pro HDTV USB Tuner / Pinnacle Ultimate HDTV USB Tuner / Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB / Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio Notebook / Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers / 2-NB-MA01 Notebook Coolers / 3D Mark06 5446 / Driver v.174.31 /

XPS M1730 Saphire Blue X9000 @ 3.2 / Vista Home Premium SP2 / 17" WUXGA 1920 x 1200 / Matshita BD\DVD Combo / 8GB 800Mhz Geil RAM / 500GB>200GB 7200RPM / 9800M GTX SLI / AGEIA PhysX Accelerator / Intel 4965 / 355 Bluetooth / 5700 Mobile Broadband / 3D Mark06 16250 /Driver 275.50 beta

XPS Gen 4 Desktop>being rebuilt

• Hello,

Thank you for your help.

This and a Logitech driver update that MS suggested fixed this specific issue.

Now the only time I get any errors is when I select to stream a YouTube video to HighQuality ( click the HQ button ) and then go full screen. But if I don't go to the High Quality I don't have the problem.

I am much closer to the final solution. Also, it doesn't appear that other applications have this problem now. Only this specific YouTube issue.

Thanks ahead of time.