Dell webcam Avatar and Skype

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell webcam Avatar and Skype

• Hi I'm also new and don't know how to get to a forum that discusses the issue I'm having, I need some help with Live Webcam Avatar, I need to know how to remove the picture of the little dog and use the live video feed of me so my friends can see me instead of the dog, Im using skpe and everything I've tried so far hasn't worked. Ive tried changing the video setting on the Webcam Console and the some of the video setting in Skype. Oh yeah I have an i1525 Laptop with built in webcam.  Thanks

• Joe, did you ever get a response to this. I am having the same problem. However, the first time I used the webcan, it was fine. I have even gone so far as to reinstall the webcam software AND the driver. I have the SP2208WFP attached to a machine I built myself on an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard and a GEforce 7800 video card.

• I'm having the same problem as well.  Have you found an answer?  Non of the instructions I've found online make any sense with what I see on skype.  Thanks.

• I'm pleased I'm not the only one to have this problem with the little dog. My experience is that initial use with skype was fine for many months then the avatar turned up. I could not get rid of it during that session, but on a later call it had disappeared. I had tried looking at the settings and menus, but an OFF button was nowhere to be found. The little dog is now back when using the laptop web cam, but on plugging in my old microsoft webcam, we were able to send pictures of ourselves again. The avatar has the feeling of a virus, but it appears to be a Dell program. Surely someone at Dell knows how to control it.

• I had this problem.  I found people were uninstalling the Avatar program-- go to control panel, select uninstall programs.  I saw 2 Live Avatar programs show up.  I uninstalled both of them.  I think this will work.  http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/Systems/xpsone20/en/sm/camera_troubleshooting.htm

• could you please tell me how to get the Dell Webcam Avatar on skype, because i see people with there faces morphed into babies and dogs and aliens i just wanna know how you get that on skype?? can someone please tell me how?? i have a dell laptop inspiron E1705 and with a seperate camera not built in.

• Hello, I need help with my web cam I don't have sound on it.. my Dell lap top is a 1750 with built in webcam . help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Amie Mahan,

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can also download this file also known as Dell Webcam Central It may correct the problem.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!