Dell Inspiron 6000 with vista

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Inspiron 6000 with vista

This question is answered

Hello hopefully someone can help with this

i am running vista have an ati mobility radeon x300 and everything works fine windows update pulled down the drivers but i cannot set the primary display to be an external display as this option was only avaliable on xp throught the advanced feature and to have this back would be a very useful thing.

If anyone knows where to get these or how to get around this problem i would be most grateful.

Verified Answer
  • I have not tried running Vista on my 6000 but does Fn-F8 (blue Fn key plus key marked "CRT/LCD" in blue) no longer work? It should cycle through three states - internal only, external only and internal/external mirrored.

Unfortunately Dell does not seem to have any downloads available for Vista on a 6000 so if the BIOS needs a device driver loaded to do this then you may be out of luck.

All Replies
  • I have not tried running Vista on my 6000 but does Fn-F8 (blue Fn key plus key marked "CRT/LCD" in blue) no longer work? It should cycle through three states - internal only, external only and internal/external mirrored.

Unfortunately Dell does not seem to have any downloads available for Vista on a 6000 so if the BIOS needs a device driver loaded to do this then you may be out of luck.

• cheers for that i had completely forgotten that the button existed as i never used it before!!! always went through the setting part.