Dell Inspiron 6000 with vista

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Inspiron 6000 with vista

This question has been answered by ymo

Hello hopefully someone can help with this

i am running vista have an ati mobility radeon x300 and everything works fine windows update pulled down the drivers but i cannot set the primary display to be an external display as this option was only avaliable on xp throught the advanced feature and to have this back would be a very useful thing.

If anyone knows where to get these or how to get around this problem i would be most grateful.

Verified Answer
  • I have not tried running Vista on my 6000 but does Fn-F8 (blue Fn key plus key marked "CRT/LCD" in blue) no longer work? It should cycle through three states - internal only, external only and internal/external mirrored.

Unfortunately Dell does not seem to have any downloads available for Vista on a 6000 so if the BIOS needs a device driver loaded to do this then you may be out of luck.

All Replies
  • I have not tried running Vista on my 6000 but does Fn-F8 (blue Fn key plus key marked "CRT/LCD" in blue) no longer work? It should cycle through three states - internal only, external only and internal/external mirrored.

Unfortunately Dell does not seem to have any downloads available for Vista on a 6000 so if the BIOS needs a device driver loaded to do this then you may be out of luck.

• cheers for that i had completely forgotten that the button existed as i never used it before!!! always went through the setting part.