Maxium Inspiron e1405 External Monitor Resolutions

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Maxium Inspiron e1405 External Monitor Resolutions

• Hello. I'm trying to decide whether to purchase a Dell Inspiron laptop. Can someone from Dell please tell me what the maximum display resolution is for an external monitor connected to the vga port. If it differs depending on whether the laptop has the stock LCD or the True life WXGA LCD that would be useful to know also.

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • it will work with any VGA monitor.
  • VGA resolution is only 640x480 though.

Not really what the OP wanted to know. He wants to know the maximum resolution the e1405 is capable of and whether opting for the higher-resolution LCD screen on the laptop affects the maximum which can be driven by the built-in graphics. Presumably he wants to know whether an e1404 can drive a 20,24 or even 30" LCD monitor. As do I. My e1404 (with higher-def laptop screen) is arriving tomorrow so I will find out then.

Intel says "2048x1536 at 75 Hz maximum resolution:-

http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/gma950/

Message Edited by ajp558 on 07-13-200605:13 PM

• That's exactly right. I want to know what my options are for driving a large external monitor. The reason I asked whether the max external resolution differs when using the stock LCD display versus the True Life display, is it's likely that both display configurations come with the same graphics card which has the same amount of onboard memeory. I'm thinking it's a zero sum game, if you use more memory on a higher resolution on the internal LCD there is less video memory left for the external monitor.

Thanks,
    Kevin