Inspiron 7000 (7537) issues after Windows 8.1 update

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Inspiron 7000 (7537) issues after Windows 8.1 update

This question is answered

I got my laptop updated to 8.1 and i found 2 issues so far:

1- my monitor tuns off after 30 minutes when plugged in, but doesn't turn back on. Happened twice and had to force shut down. (laptop wasn't on sleep)

2- keyboard and touchpad "Failed to start" after windows startup, so i entered the password using on-screen keyboard and restarted windows.

- - - - - - - - -

UPDATE!!     24-11-2013

seems that Intel finally solved the issue, released driver 3345.

go to Intel's system detect site and make it detect your system for updates: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

this update has numerous fixes and the most important is: Resolved black screen occurring when resuming from an automatic monitor off scenario.

link to fixes: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23405/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_64.pdf

All Replies
  • wass_y

UPDATE!

seems that Intel finally solved the issue, released driver 3345.

go to Intel's system detect site and make it detect your system for updates: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

this update has numerous fixes and the most important is: Resolved black screen occurring when resuming from an automatic monitor off scenario.

link to fixes: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23405/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_64.pdf

Just did the update from intel (use Chrome not IE) and everything seems to be working well now.

• I just updated my drivers per the http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect and this problem came back.  Dell please help.

• Make a system restore point

Download and save to your desktop, Intel Centrino Wireless-N 7260 Driver

These are Windows 8 64-bit drivers.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, device manager, network adapters, right click on Intel Centrino Wireless-N 7260, left click uninstall.

Restart your computer.

When you login, the new hardware wizard will try to install the adapter, but fail.

Install the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 7260 Driver  in the Windows 8 Compatibility mode

The older the drivers for the Intel adapters, the better the connection seems.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Unfortunately this fix doesn't seem to work.  I updated from Intel's site on 12/5/2013 and got 3345, but the problem persists.  The computer locks up as soon as the screen goes blank.  Before getting this Intel update, I had already taken all of the updates for Windows 8.1 on Dell's site for my Inspiron 7737.  Anyone have any newer fixes?

• I have been having this issue since I got my Inspiron 15 7537. I immediately ungraded it to Windows 8.1 upon receipt.

I just shut off sleep and "turn off display" for all configurations/power.

This is pretty ridiculous for a laptop that cost almost $1000.

Dell update installed a new Intel display drive just now yet the problem persists.

I am thinking about returning the laptop.

• Check your BIOS version. Go to My Dell software on your laptop and open system info. the Bios version should be A05, if not update it through Dell.

Also check if your Intel display driver is 3345.

I have these 2 versions of drivers and never experienced any issues so far.

• I had A05 installed.

I manually downloaded the 3345 driver and that seems to have solved the problem. Thank you!

The auto update software did not think it was necessary, odd.

Now all I need is to get this BLURRY text problem resolved!

It is very annoying on smaller sized font.

• UPDATE - The problem has returned...

• What version of the video driver do you now have?

• I was just pushed an Intel Video Driver update through windows update today.

It installed:

Driver Date 12/18/2013

Driver Version 10.18.10.3379

Give it a try.

• Hi all, I managed to get rid of the problem with the black screen. It seems, that this is caused by the Intel Rapid Start Technology. I turned this option off, and the monitor gets up even after several hours of sleep regime. I am running Windows 8.1, updated the wifi, intel chipset, intel graphics and nvidia graphics drivers without success prior to switching the RST technology off. Hope that helps. Cheers, Gianluca
  • Thank You, Thank You, Thank You WASS_Y,

After many hours of troubleshooting with very nice and helpful representatives we had our Inspiron replaced due to this sleep issue and a faulty space bar. New computer came and after 2 weeks the space bar was working fine, however the sleep issue came back. It was a minor inconvenience but when my wife is cooking a Christmas dinner using a recipe on the laptop and the screen does not recover at a vital time during the prep of the beef stew, it becomes my problem. I decided before calling Dell again I would try the internet forums and WASS_Y's post was the 1st one in my search and the problem has been repaired in about 10 minutes. ( Only issue I had was I prefer to use Mozilla and had to update my Java per the Intel site, which they walked me through ) Now I look like a genius to my wife and have earned some Xbox time. Now that this issue is resolved she 100% enjoys her Dell. Thanks again!!!

Joe

• try to turn off "Rapid Start" feature in "intel Rapid Start Technologies Manager" ...

After turn off "Rapid Start" my laptop never failed to wake up again after long sleep ...

• This method is fixable via disable INTEL Rapid Start!!!

Dell guys, Please update or release the new version of INTEL Rapid Start to fix this issue!!!