Switchable graphic card problem dell inspiron 5521 15r hd7670m

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Switchable graphic card problem dell inspiron 5521 15r hd7670m

This question is answered

I have a dell inspiron 5521 15r with 1gb hd7670m dedicated 
i installed the drivers they work fine but games give low fps as the seem to be running on intel hd 4000.
plz help i think gpu is not giving any performance .

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi umairrafiq13,

Just to make sure, have you assigned AMD Graphics to the games you play? If not, follow the steps below to enable switchable graphics:

1. Right click an empty area on the desktop.
    2. Select “ATI Catalyst Control Center” from the context menu that appears.
    3. Click Power and select Switchable Graphics
    4. Choose an application (in your case the games) from the list or browse and select an application and assign the appropriate GPU.

If Switchable graphics is configured properly, please install GPU-Z and check under “Sensors” tab in the application while running the game in the background. It will show you the GPU being used as AMD Graphics.

Note: This 3rd party application is exclusively my suggestion based on the personal research and experience. Usage of this application is purely based on your discretion.

By the way, which is the benchmarking application you are using to check the FPS for the games and what are the games you are benchmarking?

Thanks & Regards
    Zohaib R
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose
    your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
  • I did everything correctly, setting game to the high performance.

I used to play league of legend it give arround 100fps and intel hd4000 is capable of giving that type of performance.
    but when i play episodes from liberty city it give around 20-30 fps on very low settings.
    gpu-z got stuck when i start it.

i uninstall the drivers download it from dell support and install it now the amd catalyst is not starting saying 

amd catalyst cannot be started there is nothing u can configure with amd catalyst.

• Same problem with a vostro 3560 (Intel HD4000 + Amd HD7670m)

Can't use swichtable graphic, try to install driver from dell : won't install, form amd : only driver upgrader install but no ccc and videa card driver ???

Any solution or graphic driver update on the dell site ?

• http://leshcatlabs.net/2013/01/22/leshcats-catalyst-13-1-whql-unifl-v2-1-for-amdintel-laptops/

look at this website. read usermanual for the driver and install it. It helped me. now both gpu's running smoothly.

• umairrafiq13

http://leshcatlabs.net/2013/01/22/leshcats-catalyst-13-1-whql-unifl-v2-1-for-amdintel-laptops/

look at this website. read usermanual for the driver and install it. It helped me. now both gpu's running smoothly.

Hi umairrafiq13,

I am glad to know you found the fix. This will definitely help the other users in the forum. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further queries.

Thanks & Regards
    Zohaib R
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose
    your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.