Dell Vostro 3500 Graphics

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Vostro 3500 Graphics

This question is not answered

I currently have a Dell Vostro 3500 laptop, mostly used for YouTube and gaming (not the best on the market, I know, but it was a Christmas present). Obviously, I often buy games and when I do, I look at the requirements. Say I want to buy FEZ. On Steam, the requirements say you need 2nd Generation Intel Core HD Graphics (2000/3000), or dedicated GPU with OpenGL 3.0 Support. On the Vostro, the DxDiag specs say I have Intel HD Graphics. So I have no idea what series it is (2000, 3000) or anything! Could somebody please clarify what is about equivalent to the Vostro's chip?!

All Replies
  • Hi FlyHalfBoy,

This computer has Intel HD graphics and memory controller die on the same package as the processor core die. This two-chip solution of a processor core die with an Intel HD graphics and memory controller die is known as a multi-chip package (MCP) processor.

This means the computer has “Processor Graphics” or the graphics card is a feature of the processor. Please check in the device manager and reply with the details of the listed graphics cards and processor so that I can check the graphics capability of the machine. To check in the Device Manager:

1. Click Start.
    2. Click Control Panel and select Device Manager.
    3. On the Device Manager window, expand “Display adapters”.
    4. Display adapter is listed here.
    5. To check the processor repeat steps 1-3. In step 3 expand “Processors”.

Please do write back to us.

Thanks & Regards
    Zohaib R
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose
    your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
  • Your system has an older Intel HD graphics chip -- you will not be playing that game on the notebook you now have.

• Under 'Display adapters' it says: Intel(R) HD Graphics.

Under 'Processors' it says: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU     M 450 @ 2.40GHz

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU     M 450 @ 2.40GHz

Thanks for the help.

• Are you going to answer me?

• Hi FlyHalfBoy,

Sorry for the delayed response. Your computer does not have either of the graphics chip viz. Intel HD Graphics (2000/3000).

Thanks & Regards
    Zohaib R
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose
  • Thanks for clarifying THAT, but could you also tell me what it is EQUIVALENT to?

• Hi FlyHalfBoy,

Please check the below mentioned hyperlink to know more about your CPU:

Thanks & Regards
    Zohaib R
    #iworkfordell